XLP is a youth work charity working to create positive futures for young people and at the cutting edge of tackling poverty and educational failure in inner London. We deliver holistic, long-term work with young people aged 11 to 25 in schools and estate communities.
As a charity, we are almost totally reliant on fundraised income to keep our projects functioning and to fund new projects. At present about 50% of our income comes from charitable trusts and foundations. The Trusts and Foundations Manager is key to the continuation and development of this strong funding stream.
We are looking for someone with lots of energy and initiative, who is motivated by results; someone with good writing skills, a committed team player who can contribute positively across a range of fundraising opportunities.
You'll have experience in:
- Having a proven track record of success raising funds from trusts, foundations and statutory sources, including funds of over £50k and multi-year grants
- A similar fundraising role;
- Project management, bringing relevant internal stakeholders together to create fundable projects, scoping out financial and operational requirements;
- Developing strong relationships and using management skills to grow and retain funding;
- Report writing;
- Managing competing priorities and tasks;
- Building relationships with funders.
You’ll be good at:
- Being a creative thinker who can identify needs and spot opportunities for business development;
- Painting pictures in words, bringing our work to life on a page;
- Developing detailed knowledge of our work and impact;
- Written and communication skills with excellent attention to detail;
- Being creative with an innovative mindset;
- Thinking strategically with strong judgement;
- Being proactive and motivated;
- Being solutions focused.
What we offer
In return, the successful candidate will receive a supportive and flexible working environment, regular staff training and access to a range of employee benefits including; employer pension scheme contribution, 25 days of leave and regular team socials.
How to Apply
Please click the link to apply via our website. Applications close on Friday the 22nd of July at 12pm (midday).
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.