To act as the professional, public interface for Yale University Press London, managing incoming and outgoing deliveries and post, internal distribution, and performing all other defined reception duties. Providing office management and HR assistance to the Head of People & Office Operations and routine publicity administration assistance to the Marketing Department.
Terms and conditions
Hours 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday, total 37.5 hours per week. Jobshare considered.
Generous staff benefits
Lively social scene
Please state your current salary and notice period in your application
- Answering the telephone, screening and directing calls.
- Taking and relaying messages and providing information to callers.
- Monitoring callers via video camera
- Meeting, greeting, signing in and directing visitors and offering them hospitality.
- Managing couriers, deliveries and suppliers.
- Dealing with queries from the public and customers.
- Handling requests for submission of book proposals.
- Maintaining an overview of staff movements in and out of the building
- Inputting staff holidays to HR database.
- Downloading, forwarding and responding to e-mails from ‘General Enquiries’ on the website.
- Updating the Page Proofs spreadsheet on a monthly basis.
- Providing general administrative and clerical support.
- Receiving, sorting and distributing incoming mail and deliveries.
- Logging and distributing book deliveries, advances and proofs and arranging for their distribution to other departments.
- Managing the post room, processing all outgoing mail and logging orders with Royal Mail.
- Packing books for dispatch as required.
- Preparing letters and documents as requested.
- Posting out catalogue requests.
- Booking courier pick-ups and monitoring charges.
- Booking taxis as required.
- Scheduling appointments, booking and organising meetings, and maintaining appointment diaries manually or electronically.
- Managing the withdrawal and return of books from the Library.
- Ensuring both reception area and the post room are maintained in a tidy and orderly state.
- Ordering the delivery of complimentary books from distributor and their packing and return.
- Providing general administrative and clerical support as required
- Monitoring and ordering staff beverage supplies.
- Other duties as required.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
Compiling and editing the London contribution to the weekly YUP Now update
Carry out ad hoc duties as requested by other departments.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Professional personal presentation
Customer service orientation
Stress tolerance & assertiveness
Proven ability to multitask and adhere to time-sensitive schedules
Initiative and reliability
Excellent attention to detail and high standard of written and spoken English
Ability to use and manipulate databases
IT proficiency (Word, Acrobat and Excel)
Excellent interpersonal and team working skills, with a willingness to work flexibly across all levels of the organisation
An enthusiastic and willing approach
Good general standard of education
Previous experience of administrative and clerical procedures
Good computer skills and Microsoft Office Excel and Word applications
Previous experience of, or an interest in Publishing