We are seeking an experienced finance professional to join our Leadership Team as Head of Finance and Governance.
This part-time role (0.4FTE) will lead Yes Futures’ financial planning and oversight during the maternity leave of our Chief Executive. Working closely with the Board of Trustees and Acting Chief Executive, you will be integral to driving forward Yes Futures’ strategic growth in 2022.
About the role
The Head of Finance and Governance is a new role for Yes Futures. Our current Chief Executive is going on maternity leave from November 2021, and this part-time role is designed to provide the necessary financial and governance support to the team and Board of Trustees during that time.
You will take the lead on financial management, risk management, statutory reporting and legal duties, enabling us to continue being a sustainable and impactful organisation as we grow over the next few years.
This role is offered as a fixed-term (12 month) contract at 15 hours per week (0.4 FTE), with flexible hours. There may be scope to extend beyond 12 months.
About Yes Futures
Yes Futures is a multi-award winning charity, established in 2012. Our successful programmes have made a proven difference to the lives of over 2000 young people, and we are rapidly expanding to more schools.
This year we launched our 2025 Strategy. By joining our ambitious team at this exciting stage in the charity’s growth, you will have an enormous impact, helping us to continue to reach many thousands of young people.
Yes Futures is an incredible place to work. In the past two years, we have been awarded places in both the Top 100 Social Enterprises UK and the Escape 100: Best Companies to Escape To.
Some testimonials from our current employees:
- "Yes Futures is an extremely positive and supportive working environment. All employees are valued and encouraged to contribute across all areas of the charity. My team are so enthusiastic and passionate about the fundamental ethos - helping to build a positive future for young people."
- "As well as every day being different, and the work we do being so rewarding, we have a fantastic team of dedicated, intelligent, interesting, passionate people! It's wonderful to be part of it all!"
- "I work with a supportive team with great passion and energy. We are all so different but share a passion for supporting young people. Our CEO is an inspiration and leads the way with her positivity, drive and enthusiasm."
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced finance professional to bring knowledge of charity finance and governance to our already strong team. You will need to have rigorous attention to detail, be an independent worker and possess outstanding financial management skills.
For more information on the role responsibilities and the skills and experience we are looking for, please download and read the more detailed Role Description. You can download this at the bottom of this page, or on the 'Join Our Team' page of the Yes Futures website.
Key benefits of this role
- Flexible working policy - you can choose your days and hours.
- Flexibility to work from home with occasional visits to the office.
- Generous CPD allowance for professional development and qualifications.
- Volunteering leave, so you can focus on your other charitable passions
How to apply
So, are you interested in applying to be our Head of Finance and Governance?
We’d love to hear from you!
If you would like to apply, please send a CV and cover letter (max 500 words), detailing your motivations for applying for the role to [applications @ yesfutures . org] (without the spaces), quoting the role tile and your name in the subject line (e.g. "Head of Finance and Governance: Joe Bloggs").
Dates and recruitment timeline
Deadline for applications: Thursday 5th August 2021 at midnight.
Interviews are expected to be Monday 9th or Tuesday 10th August 2021. Please keep these dates free.
The interviews will be held online. You will be informed by the end of the day on Friday 6th August if you have been shortlisted for an interview.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.