This is a unique opportunity to have an incredible impact, by joining our ambitious team at this exciting stage in the charity’s growth.
Yes Futures was recently named one of the Escape 100: Best Companies to Escape to 2019. We achieved one of the top 100 scores out of over 1500+ organisations, based on our workplace culture and employee satisfaction.
Some testimonials from our current employees:
- "Yes Futures is an extremely positive and supportive working environment. All employees are valued and encouraged to contribute across all areas of the charity. My team are so enthusiastic and passionate about the fundamental ethos - helping to build a positive future for young people."
- "As well as every day being different, and the work we do being so rewarding, we have a fantastic team of dedicated, intelligent, interesting, passionate people! It's wonderful to be part of it all!"
- "I work with a supportive team with great passion and energy. We are all so different but share a passion for supporting young people. Our CEO is an inspiration and leads the way with her positivity, drive and enthusiasm."
Yes Futures is a multi-award winning charity, established in 2012. Our successful programmes have made a proven difference to the lives of over 1300 young people, and we are rapidly expanding to more schools.
Thanks to this growth, we are looking for an enthusiastic and committed Programme Executive to join our existing Programme Team in October 2019. As a Programme Executive, you will be responsible for managing the Yes Futures programmes in a group of allocated schools within your region.
You will have significant ownership over your work, enabling you to thrive and grow your talents in a supportive, collaborative environment.
The Programme Executive Role
As a Programme Executive, you will be integral to the running of the Yes Futures programmes and a vital link between the Yes Futures head office and our schools.
The role of the Programme Executive is to oversee and manage the programmes within a region of schools. From October 2019 – February 2020, you will be responsible for managing four secondary school cohorts in schools in Berkshire (Slough) and Surrey (Addlestone). In future, your schools will be a mixture of primary and secondary schools and may include schools in North/West London, Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire.
Benefits to you
Yes Futures is a small, rapidly growing charity. By joining us at this critical stage in our development you will have a significant impact on our growth and future success. If you are enthusiastic, ambitious and open to challenging yourself by applying your talents to a dynamic, young charity… we need you!
The Programme Executive role is flexible, allowing you to work from home and balance your work around other responsibilities. You will develop a range of key skills and knowledge areas in this role, including:
- Youth engagement
- Event and trip planning
- Volunteer management and development
- Programme delivery and group facilitation
- Coaching and personal development
- Creativity and innovation in education
- Quality assurance
- Social enterprise strategy
- Impact evaluation and techniques
- Curriculum design
We provide full training in our programme content, coaching, behaviour management, safeguarding and first aid.
Why should you apply for this role?
Yes Futures is one of the Escape 100: Best Companies to Escape to 2019. We achieved one of the top 100 scores out of over 1500+ organisations, based on our workplace culture and employee satisfaction.
By joining our team of committed, hard-working, fun and friendly colleagues, you will:
- Help us to make a life-changing difference to young people;
- Thrive in a role with a high degree of responsibility and flexibility;
- Enjoy working with other like-minded people, who care about doing an excellent job;
- Enhance your skills through professional development opportunities, with our generous CPD allowance;
- Benefit from dedicated time and support given to your personal development.
You will be one of a team of four Programme Executives, dedicated to delivering excellent programmes that make a positive difference to the lives of students.
- Responsible for the care and wellbeing of all students in your schools on the programme;
- Communicating with parents where necessary during the programme, by letter, email and telephone;
- Planning and delivering whole-group workshops for students;
- Planning and delivering information and celebration events for students and parents;
- Delivering coaching sessions to students where required;
- Developing business and charity partnerships for day trips;
- Planning and delivering the day trips included in the programme;
- Supporting the planning and delivery of the Into the Wild residentials;
- Implementing discipline procedures, including reporting serious discipline issues to Head of Programmes;
- Implementing all necessary Health and Safety and Child Protection procedures, including recording and reporting any incidents to the Head of Programmes;
- Ongoing communication with the school and Yes Futures head office regarding student engagement and progress.
Organisation and administration
- School onboarding, including ensuring that dates are planned, students are recruited and parental agreements are returned;
- Planning and organising the logistical elements of the programme (timetables, activities, sessions plans etc) through liaising with Yes Futures head office, school staff, businesses, charitable organisations and the rest of the Coaching team;
- Creation of Risk Assessments, parent letters and programme-related documents for schools;
- Sourcing materials needed for programme sessions, including lunches for trips;
- Assisting with finance and petty cash where required.
Management of volunteer Yes Futures Coaches
- Managing and developing the skills of your Coaching teams (approximately 2-4 adults per cohort);
- Ongoing communication with your Coaching teams, to foster their enthusiasm and commitment;
- Supporting Coach recruitment for future programmes;
- Supporting the planning and delivery of training for Coaches;
- Maintaining accurate and secure records of Coaches’ personal information, absences, sickness and other relevant information.
Evaluation and reporting
- Facilitating the pre-, mid- and end of programme evaluations;
- Oversight and input of key student monitoring data and impact data;
- Debriefing and ongoing feedback collection from schools and Coaches;
- Ensure all work is carried out in an effective and timely manner to support continued high standards of the Yes Futures programmes.
Programme Executives will also be given the opportunity to support with other Head Office functions, including but not limited to:
- Assisting the Chief Executive with strategic planning;
- Supporting the marketing of Yes Futures to new schools and customers;
- Developing our fundraising strategy through bid writing and other fundraising tasks;
- Establishing relationships with key partner organisations;
- Strengthening our programme design and theory of change;
- Planning our future Ambassador offer and other pilot programmes;
- General programme-related tasks.
For more information on the role, including the skills and experience we are looking for, please download and read the more detailed Role Description. You can download this at the top of this page, or on the 'Join Our Team' page of the Yes Futures website.
How to apply
So, are you interested in applying to be our next Programme Executive?
We’d love to hear from you!
If you would like to apply, please download and complete the application form, available at the top of this page or on the 'Join Our Team' page of the Yes Futures website.
Dates and recruitment timeline
Deadline for applications: Sunday 29th September 2019 at midnight.
Should your application be successful, you will be invited to an Assessment Centre at the Yes Futures head office in Bermondsey (London) on Wednesday 2nd October 2019.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.