Are you passionate about making positive impact in your community?
YMCA are looking for an experienced individual, with the motivation to see young people thrive, to join our dynamic and supportive housing team in Dudley. This person will support our Housing Services Manager ensure the provision of high quality, day-to-day housing management functions of YMCA’s housing projects in Dudley, West Midlands.
The role will include but will not be limited to:
· Conducting interviews with applicants, performing the appropriate needs and risk assessments and reference checks before offering accommodation
· Managing a caseload of young people providing housing and tenancy related support.
· Ensuring minimal vacancies by promptly arranging cleaning and preparing flats to be re-let as quickly as possible
· Visiting properties as agreed, to ensure safety, overall good condition and residents’ adherence to the licence agreement.
The ideal candidate will be tech-savvy, highly organised and adept at prioritising tasks efficiently. You'll need to adapt to changing priorities while maintaining a commitment to delivering quality housing services. Excellent communication skills are a must, as you'll collaborate effectively with a diverse range of agencies.
Apart from a competitive salary and the opportunity to work for an organisation that is passionate about giving back to the community, the successful applicant will also be eligible for:
· 24/7 Confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
· Wellbeing Support
· Cycle to work scheme
· Access to our IMHR Plus online portal, offering discounts at major brands and retailers
· Annual leave increase based on length of service
· SimplyHealth cash plan e.g. dental care, physiotherapy, diagnostic consultation, tests, scans and more
· Heavily discounted: childcare at our YMCA nurseries, YGym membership, and Coffee at the Clock purchases
· Life Assurance scheme
· Additional annual leave day for your birthday month… and more!
It is a requirement that the successful applicant will complete an enhanced DBS check before taking up the role.
Closing Date for applications:
Monday 27th November 2023
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Therefore, we encourage and support the recruitment, retention and career development of people from as wide a range as possible of ethnic, cultural and social backgrounds.