If you have an interest in rent management, the skills to use our rent management system, and want to support young people to sustain their accommodation whilst meeting collection targets, then this is the role for you.
YMCA DownsLink Group have an exciting opportunity for a Rent Officer. You will join our team based in Hove, East Sussex on a full-time, permanent basis working 37 hours per week. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £24,020 per annum.
The Rent Officer role:
As our Rent Officer, you will support staff in our housing projects to maximise rental income, and effectively implement our rent arrears procedure.
Responsibilities as our Rent Officer will include:
- Managing a caseload
- Meeting with Senior Project Staff to monitor their residents rent accounts, and taking action as required regularly
- Supporting a credit culture across all housing projects
- Effectively implementing the rent arrears procedure
- Making sure all rent warnings and eviction notices are served in a timely manner and in accordance with legal procedures
What we are looking for in our Rent Officer:
- Experience working with computerised rent/payment databases and IT packages
- Understanding of the key risks, challenges and opportunities for young people which may impact on their ability to pay rent
- Experience with rent management setting (desirable)
- The role is a combination of homeworking and working from the office at Reed House in Hove, but you will also be expected to travel to other locations
Benefits you will receive as our Rent Officer:
- 27 days annual leave per annum (plus bank holidays)
- Company sick pay scheme
- Life assurance policy of 2x your annual salary
- Health and wellbeing cash plan
- Cycle to work scheme
YMCA DownsLink Group welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and promote inclusion, which we demonstrate through our activities, as well as in our policies and working practices. Reinforced by our culture and values, we seek to create an inspiring and inclusive place to work.
If you feel like you have what it takes to become our Rent Officer click apply today, we would love to hear from you!
Closing date: 20th September 2021
YMCA DLG requires all staff and volunteers to be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults and to respond proactively to safeguarding concerns. Successful applicants are required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).