YMCA DownsLink Group are currently recruiting for a Senior Housing Advice Worker. You will join our team based in Brighton, East Sussex (with some hybrid home working), on a part time, permanent basis working 30 hours per week. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £23,850 - £26,500 per annum (pro rata).
About the role:
You will join our Youth Advice Centre (YAC) ensuring the effective day to day operation of our single point of access housing advice service. Joining our Housing Advice Team Leader and YAC Project Manager in supporting young people aged 16 to 25 years old who are homeless, threatened with homelessness, or insecurely housed.
Our drop in service at YMCA YAC offers support and advice to young people aged 16-25 who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. We can help young people look for accommodation in the private rented sector and negotiate with landlords, as well as help with benefits and referrals to specialist housing schemes. We also run a Skillz for Life course where young people can learn practical skills for everyday living.
Responsibilities of our Senior Housing Advice Worker:
- Providing support and advice to young people to support them to maintain their housing and where appropriate to help them find more secure accommodation.
- Carrying a caseload of clients with multiple and complex needs with a holistic and trauma-informed approach.
- Providing support and guidance to staff, and deputising in the Team Leader’s absence.
What we are looking for in our ideal Senior Housing Advice Worker:
- A relevant vocational qualification e.g. housing, social work, or youth work
- Experience of working with vulnerable young people
- Understanding of Safeguarding for children and young people and vulnerable adults
- Experience of issues relating to youth homelessness
Benefits you will receive as our Senior Housing Advice Worker:
- 27 days annual leave per annum (plus bank holidays)
- Company sick pay scheme
- Life assurance policy of 2x your annual salary
- Health and wellbeing cash plan
- Cycle to work scheme
YMCA DownsLink Group welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and promote inclusion, which we demonstrate through our activities, as well as in our policies and working practices. Reinforced by our culture and values, we seek to create an inspiring and inclusive place to work.
If you feel like you have what it takes to become our Senior Housing Advice Worker click apply today, we would love to hear from you!
Closing date: 30th September 2021
Interview date: 11th October 2021
YMCA DLG requires all staff and volunteers to be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults and to respond proactively to safeguarding concerns. Successful applicants are required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).