Are you looking for a new challenge this new year? YMCA East Surrey is a vibrant, local charity recruiting brand new roles. Based in our Emotional Services and Mental Health team, the ideal candidates will be passionate about working with children, young people and their families to improve their overall mental health and wellbeing. Working with the NHS, CAHMS and Children's Services, this is a varied role that will have a real impact, on real lives.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- To help assess the needs and strengths of the referred child or young person and help them identify individual goals to achieve desired change
- To deliver and assist with the evaluation of interventions for children and young people which aim to improve mental health and well-being, build on existing strengths and increase levels of resilience
- Record and collect data with various tools such as goal-based outcomes (GBO’s) and use this to evaluate the effectiveness of interventions
- To take responsibility for own caseload of children, young people and families some with complex and multiple needs with support from senior EWMH staff
- To help involve children, young people and their parents in the co-production of programmes, activities and services
- To work collaboratively with Surrey and Borders NHS Partnership, Surrey Children’s Services, local CAMHS teams and other community-based services to provide the most effective service for children, young people and families
- To keep accurate records of individual engagement, evidence of change and celebrate progress with children and young people
- To provide record and report the appropriate data to ensure support programmes can be accurately monitored and evaluated
- To apply safeguarding and child protection procedures
- To help provide written case studies as evidence of the effectiveness of individual interventions
- To work as part of a team and attend team meetings, training events and participate fully in one to one, peer and group supervision.
Hours of work: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Typically this will be 9.30am to 5.30pm but up to 2 evenings with a 7pm finish (with a later start time) may be required. Requests for 4 days per week would be considered.
Location: YMCA Hillbrook House, Redhill
Salary / pay rate: £22,000 - £25,000 per annum
Annual leave: Four weeks plus bank holidays. Holidays increase after two years service to a maximum of five weeks after six years service. The holiday year runs from 1 April to 31 March each year.
Benefits: The post holder will be entitled to free use of the YMCA East Surrey fitness centre in Redhill and half price YMCA childcare for dependents. There is free parking available at YMCA East Surrey sites. YMCA East Surrey also operates a Bike to Work Scheme.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.