YMCA is currently recruiting a Store Manager to work in one of our 100 charity shops across England and Wales.
What you can expect:
- A stimulating, varied role, working with the Assistant Store Manager to drive sales and income and maximise profits from donated sales, Gift Aid, and other promotions
- The opportunity to build and support an outstanding team of volunteers, to generate great stock, and to establish the very best in customer service
- Competitive pay and generous allowances regarding holidays, healthcare, pensions, life assurance and maternity/paternity/adoption leave, employee assistance programme, annual season ticket loan* and subsidised gym membership* (*upon successful completion of probation)
What is expected from you:
- Solid retail experience working to sales and other targets
- Experience of recruiting and managing a volunteer team would be a bonus
- Committed to going above and beyond when it comes to customer service
- Self-motivation and determination to be successful
- Experience of working with volunteers would be a bonus
- Weekend and bank holiday work also required
Our recruitment process is anonymised and candidates' names are hidden. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds, particularly those from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, who are currently under-represented throughout YMCA England & Wales. Safer recruitment is important to us and the successful applicant will be asked to provide two references. They will also be required to complete a safeguarding self-declaration, safeguarding training and undertake a DBS check.