Are you looking for an exciting new role with a leading charity. If so, please come and join us.
YMCA Heart of England has an opportunity for an experienced Finance Officer to join our hard working and friendly team, based at our Head office in Erdington.
You will have proven experience in finance, be able to demonstrate a high level of communication skills, both written and oral. You will be responsible for the management of the operations of the financial transactions for the organisation, including the delivery of effective financial systems and to contribute towards the teams and organisation’s objectives.
This role would suit an experienced Bookkeeper or Accounts Assistant who has previously worked in a finance department. The successful candidate will be joining a leading charity providing a range of life-changing services for the local community. With a turnover of over £5m, we house over 300 young people, most of whom previously were homeless, and support them to get their lives back on track.
About the role
- Your daily duties will include:
- Day to day tasks in the financial department
- Supplier Accounts processing, dealing with queries and payment runs.
- Sales Invoicing and Credit Control
- Monitoring and managing debtor and creditor control accounts, ensuring payments are timely and all transactions are recorded accurately.
- Working to key month end processes and working to month end processing deadlines, maintaining schedules and timetable processes, bank, petty cash, accounts payable and accounts receivable reconciliation including Rents
- Allocating income and expenditure to the correct codes
- Banking of cheques/cash
- Processing of expense claims
- Maintain Financial Policies throughout the company.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly financial reports and monthly bank reconciliation.
- Assist in Balance Sheet Reconciliation to carry out the month end ledger close process in accordance with the month end timetable.
- To run aged debtor and creditors reports and to agree to the nominal ledgers and ensure any queries are dealt with in a timely fashion.
Skills and Experience
We are looking for someone with the following attributes:
- 3 years’ experience of working in a finance or accounting environment
- Ability to input and maintain accurate data records
- Ability to manage workload effectively
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise effectively to meet deadlines
- Competent IT skills with hands on working experience of accounting systems
- Resolution of accounts queries
- Excellent system skills including use of Excel
Studying towards AAT or similar qualification
- 29 days’ annual leave including Bank Holidays plus an additional day after each year of completed service up to 5 days.
- Free on-site car parking
- Workplace Pension scheme
- 20 days sick pay
- Training and Development Opportunities
- Life Assurance of 4 times your annual salary
- 10% discount on purchases made in Eden, our onsite Coffee Shop
- Opportunity to work from home up to 2 days per week by agreement
- Perks at Work and IMPrivilegePlus benefits platforms which offer shopping discounts.
- Attractive family friendly policies
- Enhance Maternity and Paternity pay in addition to statutory entitlements (qualifying period may apply)
- TOIL Scheme
The closing date for receipt of applications is Tuesday 21st November 2023. We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
YMCA Heart of England is an independent Christian charity, a registered provider of social housing, and affiliated to the national and international YMCA Movement.
As an organisation fully committed to the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, a thorough vetting process is carried out as part of the appointment process, including verification of any required qualifications, verification of identity, taking of references and a DBS check as appropriate