Head of Marketing, Communications & Income Generation
We are a vibrant, local charity that has been serving the local community for over 130 years through inclusive programmes in health & wellbeing, childcare, housing and youth work. We are passionate about providing opportunities to those who are most in need.
YMCA Thames Gateway is recruiting for a Head of Marketing, Communications & Income Generation who will lead the development and management of marketing, communications, sales and fundraising strategies that will support income generation and increase the visibility of the work of YMCA Thames Gateway.
The ideal candidate must have experience across a range of communications disciplines, including media relations, marketing and social media, ideally in voluntary non-profit/ sector, as well as experience of overseeing fundraising/ PR events and handling complex PR/ crisis issues.
We are looking for someone who is an effective communicator, is tactful and has good diplomacy skills, resourceful and creative, a friendly open manner, has a proven track record of successfully working with and influencing media and key decision makers and is able to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders. We need someone who will carry the YMCA banner proudly, who can represent us to other companies and professional bodies.
If you are interested and believe you have the relevant skills and experience for the role, then we would be delighted to hear from you.
- Location: YMCA Thames Gateway, All sites including Romford and Dartford
- Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week
- Rate of pay: £45,154 - £53,035 p.a. depending on experience and qualifications
- Benefits: – Free Gym Membership and discounted family memberships, 50% discount on YMCA provided childcare, 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, HSF Health Cash Plan, Perkbox, Generous Pension contributions and Life Assurance Scheme etc.
- Closing date: – Monday 30 September at Midday
YMCA Thames Gateway is serious about safeguarding; this role will be subject to a standard Disclosure & Barring Service check.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.