We have an exciting opportunity for a Training & Development Manager to join our mental health team to manage our training services, across Cambridgeshire & Suffolk.
Mental Health Training & Development Manager
Pay: £31,449 a year (pro rata)
Location: Flexible working at home and / or one of our Cambridge or Peterborough offices, plus travel across the region.
Hours: 20 – 24 hours per week
We strive to create a fulfilling and enjoyable place to work; we know how staff & volunteers feel directly translates to the quality of service & care we give our clients, and we also recognise the crucial role each and every one of us plays in helping to fulfil our Mission.
During the last 35 years we have developed extensive expertise in positive mental well-being, building on our world-leading physical health programmes.
Our Mental Health Services are designed to offer schools and other partners a range of services to improve the physical, emotional, and psychological well-being of young people in their care, as well as their support networks.
Working alongside the Programme Manager, you will:
- Manage and develop the Mental Health Training Programme based on the organisation’s mental health strategy and targets
- Manage and deliver training in schools and other settings, ensuring a high-quality service is provided for a range of audiences
- Support the Programme Manager and provide leadership on training and wider mental health development both internally and externally
- Provide effective line management for the Training and Development Coordinator, Project Officer and sessional trainers
- Identify and co-ordinate the design and delivery of new, innovative and exciting training sessions and wider mental health programmes, which incorporate different learning styles and needs, attracting a range of audiences
- Utilise competency frameworks and Training Needs Analysis to meet the needs of different audiences
- Facilitate the sharing of good practice through school/staff peer support programmes, themed sessions, meetings and events
- Manage the recruitment, deployment, management and quality assurance of a team of self-employed trainers
- Represent the organisation at internal and external events, membership groups, and strategic meetings involving education or the wider mental health agenda – delivering presentations, consultations and developing partnerships
Applicants should have the following qualities:
- Sound knowledge of mental health across a range of topics and applied to a variety of audiences
- Sound knowledge of mental health, outcome measurement and feedback tools
- Possess a Level 4 or equivalent in Counselling, Play Therapy or related mental health qualification with clinical experience working with young people
- Experience in delivering high quality training and presentations to adults and young people
- Ability to motivate, engage and line manage others
- Ability to effectively manage time and work well in teams and without supervision
- Excellent organisation, communication, IT, presentation and negotiation skills
- Due to the nature of the role a current driving licence and access to a car for work is essential
- Ability to work flexibly and on own initiative
- Commitment to professional development both within and outside of working hours
Days and hours
This is a part time role, to be worked Monday to Friday, 20-24 hours per week depending on availability. Working pattern to be agreed between Mental Health Programme Manager and successful candidate.
Salary and benefits
The salary is £31,449 a year based on FTE 40hrs (Pro rata 20-24 hours per week).
Additional benefits we offer include:
- 5 weeks holiday plus public holidays (Pro rata for part time staff)
- Free use of either YMCA Gym at Cambridge or Peterborough
- Competitive rates of pay and pension
- DBS Check Facilitated / Cost Paid
- Induction programme and on the job training opportunities
- Regular supervisions
- Internal progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
The closing date for applications is 25 February at 8:30am with interviews arranged for 4 March.
Please click the apply button to be taken to our website, here you will be able to download the Job Description and complete your application.
No agencies please.