Health & Wellbeing Education Co-ordinator
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Health & Wellbeing Education Co-ordinator to join our Health & Wellbeing department to lead on the quality assurance and delivery of health and wellbeing training and education programmes.
Health & Wellbeing Education Co-ordinator
Job Reference: MH-HWEC
Location: Flexible working – home, office, plus regular outreach work across Cambridgeshire & Suffolk.
Salary: Annual salary up to £32,926 pa (based on 40hrs FTE), pro rata for part-time contract.
Hours: Contracted to work 24-30 hours as agreed, usually worked Monday – Friday
YMCA Trinity Group strives to create a fulfilling and enjoyable place to work; we know how staff & volunteers feel directly translates to the quality of service & care we give our clients, and we also recognise the crucial role each one of us plays in helping to fulfil our Mission.
Working alongside the Health & Wellbeing Manager, you will:
- Manage and oversee the delivery and quality assurance of health and wellbeing training such as First Aid and qualifications from YMCA Awards.
- Deliver (or be willing to train to deliver) a range of accredited health and wellbeing courses such as First Aid, Award in Education and Training, and qualifications from YMCA Awards.
- Support the Mental Health & Wellbeing Training Co-ordinator to design, deliver, and quality assure a range of mental health and wellbeing education programmes including staff training, young people or parent workshops, and community events.
- Develop new partnerships and opportunities to educate communities about the health and wellbeing agenda: attending networking events, developing marketing activity, delivering presentations and sourcing funding opportunities.
- To provide effective line management and recruitment of sessional health and wellbeing trainers, ensuring high standards of delivery.
- To support the development and growth of health and wellbeing services whilst meeting annual targets.
- To develop health & wellbeing programmes internally and externally for target audiences such as supported housing residents, youth work, family work and workplace wellbeing initiatives.
- Support with the management and monitoring of operational tasks across the health and wellbeing department such as writing reports, data analysis and strategy development.
You will have and be able to demonstrate the following qualities:
- Possess a Level 4 or equivalent health and wellbeing qualification.
- Possess a valid Award In Education; PTTLS qualification; or Qualified Teacher Status, ideally with an instructor qualification in physical health qualifications (e.g. First Aid) or mental health (e.g. Mental Health First Aid).
- Sound knowledge and experience of the children and adult’s physical health and mental health agenda, including local and national initiatives and approaches.
- Sound knowledge and experience of quality assurance tools and processes.
- Proven experience of developing and delivering high quality health & wellbeing training and education programmes to adults and young people.
- Sound knowledge and experience in using various marketing approaches.
- Proven experience in project management and partnership development.
- Ability to effectively manage time and work well in teams or on your own initiative.
- Excellent organisational, negotiation and time management skills.
- Excellent IT and communication skills.
- Excellent leadership skills and experience.
- A flexible approach to work.
- A current driving licence and access to a car for work.
Salary & benefits: Annual salary up to £32,926pa (based on 40hrs FTE), pro rata for part-time contract.
- 5 weeks holiday & public holiday allowance (Pro rata).
- Free use of our onsite YMCA Gyms at either Cambridge or Peterborough.
- Paid day off for your Birthday.
- Free onsite car parking for staff.
- Your DBS Check Facilitated / Cost Paid as part of your onboarding.
- Competitive rates of pay and company pension, plus access for YMCA Trinity staff and their immediate families to our Employee Assistance Programme.
- Regular supervision and continued personal development.
Applications will be assessed on receipt so early application is advised.
Interviews are due to take place in early January.
If you would like to find out more, please click the apply button. You will be directed to our website to complete your application for this position.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you soon!
YMCA Trinity Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment.
No agencies please.