We are currently seeking to recruit an enthusiastic Business Development Manager into the South Yorkshire Region. This exciting new role will report to the Director of Fundraising for West & South Yorkshire, working alongside our Regional Fundraising Manager in the region and our Corporate and Partnerships Manager. We are looking for a strategic and creative individual with a proven track record of generating substantial relationships with organisations within the charity sector. You will be a confident networker with excellent communication skills, have the ability to seize opportunities quickly and be comfortable with ambitious income growth. A collaborative and proactive approach will be critical for success.
Not everyone realises that the Yorkshire Air Ambulance relies solely on the generosity of individuals and organisations to help save lives across your region. In fact, as an independent Charity we only receive help through secondment of the paramedics from the Yorkshire Ambulance Service NHS Trust. The Yorkshire Air Ambulance fly daily with a crew consisting of a highly trained Pilot, a Critical Care Consultant level Doctor with experience in A&E and an anaesthesia specialism and two Critical Care Paramedics. We need to raise £12,000 per day to keep both of Yorkshire’s air ambulances and highly-trained crew in the air. This is the equivalent of £4.4m every single year.
To engage and build relationships with local major donors and organisations, identifying new opportunities across the South Yorkshire region. To use strong sales and business development experience to build long lasting relationships with local businesses and companies whilst also dealing with retailers, large regular supporters, and other key contacts. Drive the region forward and help to raise the profile of the Yorkshire Air Ambulance and represent the Charity at networking events and in the local community, making the most of all media opportunities, working closely with our Marketing department. Accountable for the delivery of challenging income expectations
- Responsible for the overall charity profile in the area. You should strive to increase awareness and make the most of PR opportunities at all times working alongside our Marketing Department.
- Identify, develop and manage a programme of new fundraising initiatives to maximise awareness and generate new support for the Yorkshire Air Ambulance. Working with existing and potential major donors, organisations, retailers, charity of the year supporters and key contacts.
- Generate leads for new business fundraising opportunities to assist in delivering the annual budget for this income stream, working alongside our Corporate and Partnerships Manager.
- Network extensively with corporate organisations and other associations to encourage and develop support for the Yorkshire Air Ambulance.
- Be confident in preparing and presenting a tailored charity pitch to corporate organisations when required with the aim of securing charity partnerships of all sizes both locally and regionally.
For the full job description, please download the job pack
If you wish to discuss the job role in more detail, please contact Kerry Dwyer, Director of Fundraising West & South Yorkshire.
Closing date for applications is: Tuesday 4th May 2021 at 9.00am.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.