Yorkshire Cancer Research is the largest independent cancer charity in England. With an ambitious goal of saving 2000 lives a year, it is an exciting time to be joining the charity. Every week in Yorkshire almost 600 people are told they have cancer, by working for Yorkshire Cancer Research you are helping to protect and save these lives.
Yorkshire is big, beautiful and diverse and, as an inclusive employer, our aim is that our workforce reflects the rich diversity of our region. We believe a diverse workforce is central to us achieving our strategic goal of saving more lives in our region. We offer equal opportunities regardless of race, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnerships.
Yorkshire Cancer Research is entering an exciting period in its development. As part of this we are expanding our team at our Head Office and a number of new roles are being created. As such, we are now looking for a Digital & Technology Officer to support our Finance and Corporate Services team.
We offer all our employees a wide range of benefits including an enhanced contributory pension scheme, 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays (increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service), flexible working arrangements, private medical insurance, enhanced maternity leave, career progression, learning and development, wellbeing initiatives, offices within walking distance of Harrogate train station, free onsite parking and a whole lot more.
We’ve got a strong set of values that inform everything we do and we’re looking for people who are aligned with these. As our Digital & Technology Officer, you will strive for excellence in everything you do, have integrity, champion expertise through improvement and innovation and be a great team player. To find out more about our values and how important they are to us, please visit our website.
As a Digital & Technology Officer, you will support and lead the delivery of digital and technology projects to ensure that Yorkshire Cancer Research has the tools, services and capabilities to be able to deliver against the Charity’s strategy.
Supporting the Digital & Technology Manager, you will assist in the administration and delivery of the digital roadmap by coordinating and leading on digital and technology projects, supporting departments across the Charity in the discovery and implementation of digital enablers and providing general IT support.
Specifically, you will:
- Manage the administration of digital systems and resources across the team to support the delivery of the digital roadmap e.g., setting up planners and Trello boards, adding new users to MS Teams etc.
- Work with the Head of Digital and the Digital & Technology Manager to promote lean, iterative, collaborative, matrix and user-centric planning and working practices within digital project teams.
- Support teams across the Charity in the delivery of digital projects, including updating project documents, reporting, risk and issue management etc. Liaise with Project Leads as needed.
- Manage timelines and liaise with 3rd Party IT Partner regarding quarterly health checks and arrange for engineers to attend site as and when necessary.
- Oversee new starter processes including creation of new starter forms and order and set-up of new hardware in conjunction with 3rd Party IT Partner.
- Provide general administrative support to the Head of Digital and Digital & Technology Manager such as note taking, diary management etc.
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- Proven experience of working in a digital and technology role at a similar level.
- Evidence of continuous professional development relevant to the role and level.
- A comprehensive understanding of the digital and technology landscape.
- Experience of working on multiple projects within a project management or delivery environment, particularly in digital or technology field.
- Excellent track record of contributing to the delivery of multiple/varied digital or technology projects and/or services.
- Experience of stakeholder management at all levels.
- Strong digital and IT skills including Office 365, CRM and collaboration tools.
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to succinctly communicate complex ideas to a wide range of audiences.
- Exceptional networking and interpersonal skills with an ability to engage with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent organisational skills, including time management skills and the ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines and manage multiple workstreams on an ongoing basis.
Please view the full role profile and visit our Careers Page to find out more about working for Yorkshire Cancer Research.
Please read our privacy notice before applying.
The charity is a responsible and flexible employer. We welcome any discussion for flexible working at interview/offer stage where we will consider an individual’s circumstances against the needs of the charity.
We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates from all backgrounds. If we can make any reasonable adjustments to support your application please contact us.