Digital & Social Officer
Harrogate, North Yorkshire
Yorkshire Cancer Research is one of the most exciting and innovative charities in the UK. The charity is a leading funder of cancer research in the region and has a track record of supporting ground-breaking projects and clinical trials to help prevent cancer and increase survival. We are working to save an extra 2,000 lives a year in Yorkshire.
Yorkshire Cancer Research is entering an exciting period in its development. As part of this we are expanding our team at our Head Office and a number of new roles are being created. We currently have an opportunity for a Digital & Social Officer to join us in Harrogate.
- Salary of circa £24,000 per annum
- Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays (increasing with service to 30 days after 5 years’ service)
- Offices within walking distance of the train station/free onsite parking
If you have a background in managing social media or digital communications, with excellent digital, organisational and content creation skills, this is an incredible opportunity to help shape our digital voice and make a real difference to the people of Yorkshire.
We’ve got a strong set of values that inform everything we do and we’re looking for people who are aligned with these. As our Digital & Social Officer, you will strive for excellence in everything you do, have integrity, champion expertise through improvement and innovation and be a great team player.
As a Digital & Social Officer, you will help us to produce and deliver outstanding content for our digital channels to help grow our online communities.
You’ll play a vital role in a wide range of projects, including creating and scheduling social content, managing paid social and digital campaigns and supporting the continued development of our website and digital user journeys.
Your duties will include:
- Managing our social media channels and content
- Creating engaging digital content and overseeing digital campaigns
- Analysing and monitoring digital performance
- Developing the social strategy and engaging with our social communities
- Promoting our digital and social agenda to teams across the organisation
To join us as a Digital & Social Officer, you will need:
- At least two years’ experience of managing social media and/or digital communications, including developing social media channels
- A track record of delivering successful digital marketing projects and developing and testing innovative approaches
- Experience of effectively delivering a content plan and working with multiple stakeholders to create, gain approval, deliver content and monitor performance
- Previous experience of SEO and updating websites
- Experience of managing the online elements of integrated marketing campaigns, including the planning, implementation and evaluation of digital channel contributions
- The ability to use content management systems and social platforms to create new content and update or improve existing content, with consideration for SEO
- A degree level qualification (or equivalent experience)
Previous experience in the charity sector would be beneficial.
Other organisations may call this role Digital Marketing Officer, Social Media Executive, Digital Marketing Executive, SEO Executive, Online Marketing Executive, Digital Content Writer, or Content Executive.
The closing date for applications is the 15th March 2020.
Webrecruit and Yorkshire Cancer Research are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Digital & Social Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 37 hours per week