Harrogate, North Yorkshire (office based, with some travel to event locations)
Yorkshire Cancer Research is one of the most exciting and innovative charities in the UK. The charity is a leading funder of cancer research in the region and has a track record of supporting ground-breaking projects and clinical trials to help prevent cancer and increase survival. We are working to save an extra 2,000 lives a year in Yorkshire.
Yorkshire Cancer Research is entering an exciting period in its development. As part of this we are expanding our team at our Head Office and a number of new roles are being created. We are currently looking for an Events Officer to join our events team with a particular focus on generating income and increasing our reach by delivering a range of events across Yorkshire.
- Salary of £24,000 - £27,000 DOE
- Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Offices within walking distance of the train station/free onsite parking
If you are an events management professional with experience of developing and implementing fundraising opportunities and planning events, then this is an excellent opportunity to continue developing your career in events management.
We’ve got a strong set of values that inform everything we do and we’re looking for people who are aligned with these. As our Events Officer, you will strive for excellence in everything you do, have integrity, champion expertise through improvement and innovation and be a great team player.
As Events Officer, you will help progress Yorkshire Cancer Research’s strategic aims to increase the charity’s reach by building a portfolio of events.
Working with other teams, you will ensure events communications are aligned with our tone of voice while being empathetic towards, and able to anticipate, customer needs.
Reporting to the Events Manager, you will:
- Support the delivery of events and take ownership of smaller-scale events
- Provide first rate supporter care for all those who take part in our events
- Research events across Yorkshire to identify where we would benefit from having a presence
- Research and develop charity-owned fundraising event proposals
- Develop business cases to illustrate costs and predicted return on investment
- Monitor and report on financial performance and post-event learnings
To join us as an Events Officer, you will need:
- To be educated to degree level or equivalent in an Events, Business or Marketing related course
- At least two years’ experience in an events management role
- Experience of delivering income generative events
- Experience in providing support for event participants
- Line management experience and experience of leading teams of volunteers
- A track record of leading volunteers and helping them to support events
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Experience of using a CRM or fundraising database
Other organisations may call this role Fundraising Events Officer, Assistant Fundraising Events Officer, Fundraising Assistant, Events Officer, Assistant Fundraiser or Marketing & Events Officer.
The closing date for applications is 22nd November 2019 with first stage interviews to be held between 29th November 2019 and 2nd December 2019.
Webrecruit and Yorkshire Cancer Research are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as an Events Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 37 hours per week, including some evening and weekend work