Harrogate, North Yorkshire
Yorkshire Cancer Research is one of the most exciting and innovative charities in the UK. The charity is a leading funder of cancer research in the region and has a track record of supporting ground-breaking projects and clinical trials to help prevent cancer and increase survival. We are working to save an extra 2,000 lives a year in Yorkshire.
Yorkshire Cancer Research is entering an exciting period in its development. As part of this we are expanding our team at our Head Office and a number of new roles are being created. We are now looking for a Finance Officer to join us and manage all aspects of financial administration for our award grants and services.
- Salary of c£25,000 DOE
- Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
- Offices within walking distance of the train station/free onsite parking
If you are an ACA, ACCA or CIMA part qualified accounting professional, this is an exceptional opportunity to help a forward-thinking charity make a difference to the lives of people in Yorkshire.
We’ve got a strong set of values that inform everything we do and we’re looking for people who are aligned with these. As our Finance Officer, you will strive for excellence in everything you do, have integrity, champion expertise through improvement and innovation and be a great team player.
As a Finance Officer, you will manage all pre and post-award finance administration and related accounting duties for active awards across our entire portfolio.
Working with staff across the Research and Services and Finance teams, you will:
- Help to ensure the accurate and timely management and reporting of £20m of awards
- Monitor expenditure against award budgets
- Provide accurate and timely financial information to senior team members
- Liaise with grant holders to ensure all information is correct
- Manage the tracking and filing of all award information in preparation for the external audit process
- Be the finance lead in the project team responsible for the implementation of aware management software
To join us as a Finance Officer, you will need:
- To be ACA, ACCA and/or CIMA part qualified
- Experience of working with research award finances and budgets is desirable
- Proven experience of working independently, prioritising and co-ordinating multiple projects of significant score and complexity
- To be highly proficient in working with budgets and numbers with excellent attention to detail
- Experience of building and maintaining relationships at all levels of an organisation
- Excellent IT skills, including MS Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- An excellent understanding accounting processes and procedures
Other organisations may call this role Part Qualified Accountant, Assistant Accountant, Research & Grants Officer, Finance & Grants Officer, Finance Clerk, Accounts Clerk, Senior Finance Administrator, or Senior Accounts Administrator.
Webrecruit and Yorkshire Cancer Research are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Finance Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 37 hours per week