Our full portfolio of work includes aiming to increase the uptake of national screening programmes, implementing lung cancer screening, physical activity programmes for newly diagnosed cancer patients, and smoking cessation services. Some of these exciting programmes are delivered by the charity, whereas others are delivered in partnership with external organisations. Our projects with third parties involve the development of contracts and delivery is measured against key performance indicators.
As the Head of Services (Screening and Lung Health Checks), you will develop, deliver and manage a portfolio of evidence-based cancer services to ensure we meet our ambitious targets and focus on increasing the uptake of national screening programmes and implementing lung cancer screening across Yorkshire. Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the Cancer Services Team
- Managing evidence-based cancer services that are supplied through third parties
- Reviewing and evaluating services
- Working in collaboration with key organisations, professional bodies, institutions and individuals
To be considered as the Head of Services, you will need:
- A minimum of five years’ experience of building, managing and motivating talented teams
- At least three years’ experience at a senior manager/team leader level in a relevant environment (such as delivering or commissioning services in a public, healthcare or third sector setting)
- Substantial experience of implementing, managing and evaluating a strategic portfolio of health services
- Substantial experience of developing health services in collaboration with partners, patient advocates and service users
- Substantial experience of developing and maintaining strong relationships with a broad range of external senior and operational stakeholders including health service providers and commissioners in addition to patients and service users
- A degree level qualification in a public health, service management or health related subject OR a degree level qualification with at least five years’ experience in a relevant area.
Yorkshire Cancer Research is one of the most exciting and innovative charities in the UK. The charity is a leading funder of cancer research in the region and has a track record of supporting ground-breaking projects and clinical trials to help prevent cancer and increase survival. We are working to save an extra 2,000 lives a year in Yorkshire.
Whilst the majority of our employees are currently working remotely in accordance with government guidelines, we do endeavour to return to our Head Office in Harrogate, North Yorkshire as soon as we are safely able to do so. The role will also then require frequent travel across the Yorkshire region.
- Salary in the region of £50,000 per annum DOE
- Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Offices within walking distance of the train station/free onsite parking
If you have experience of leading the delivery of health services, this is a superb opportunity to help us achieve our goal of saving an extra 2,000 lives a year in Yorkshire.
We’ve got a strong set of values that inform everything we do and we’re looking for people who are aligned with these. As our Head of Services, you will strive for excellence in everything you do, have integrity, champion expertise through improvement and innovation and be a great team player.
To apply please submit a CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the role by 3rd March 2021. Please read our privacy notice before applying.
The charity is a responsible and flexible employer and an individual’s circumstances would be considered and balanced against the needs of the charity. We welcome any discussions for flexible working at interview/offer stage.