Health Initiatives and Services Manager (fixed-term contract to cover maternity leave, with the possibility of it becoming permanent)
Harrogate or Home Based (with frequent travel across the Yorkshire region)
Yorkshire Cancer Research is one of the most exciting and innovative charities in the UK. The charity is a leading funder of cancer research in the region and has a track record of supporting ground-breaking projects and clinical trials to help prevent cancer and increase survival. We are working to save an extra 2,000 lives a year in Yorkshire.
We are currently looking for a Health Initiatives and Services Manager to join us on a fixed-term contract to cover maternity leave and support the ongoing development of our health initiatives across Yorkshire.
- Salary of circa £31,000 per annum
- Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
- Offices within walking distance of the train station/free onsite parking
If you have proven experience in the development, implementation and management of health initiatives or services, this is an excellent opportunity to support the ongoing development and implementation of our services strategy.
We’ve got a strong set of values that inform everything we do and we’re looking for people who are aligned with these. As our Health Initiatives and Services Manager, you will strive for excellence in everything you do, have integrity, champion expertise through improvement and innovation and be a great team player.
As the Health Initiatives and Services Manager, you will be tasked with managing the development, delivery and evaluation of a growing portfolio of health initiatives and services that are funded by our organisation.
You will work with service providers and commissioners across the NHS, public health and local communities, supporting improvements, innovations and the delivery of health initiatives and cancer services.
Specifically, you will:
- Manage the development, delivery, evaluation and sustainability for a portfolio of initiatives and services
- Support the development and implementation of the service strategy
- Assist with the ongoing development of a pipeline of new ideas for initiatives and services to deliver and fund
- Review and evaluate the portfolio to ensure it is achieving outcomes and delivering value for money
- Work in partnership with the key stakeholders and health organisations
To be considered as the Health Initiatives and Services Manager, you will need:
- A track record of implementing, managing and evaluating health initiatives and/or services
- Experience of developing health initiatives and/or services in collaboration with health partners and service users
- Previous experience of developing and maintaining strong relationships with a broad range of external and operational stakeholders including health service providers, commissioners and patients and service users
- Experience of managing contracts, as well as monitoring and evaluation frameworks
- An understanding of the health services delivery landscape and the necessity to deliver patient impact
- A degree level qualification in a healthcare related discipline OR a degree level qualification and at least three years’ experience in a healthcare related discipline
- A full driving licence and the willingness to travel across Yorkshire
A postgraduate qualification in a relevant healthcare discipline would be beneficial to your application.
Other organisations may call this role Healthcare Services Manager, Healthcare Services Lead, Service Evaluation Manager, Healthcare Services Outcomes Manager, Health Services Evaluator, or Service Initiatives Facilitator.
The closing date for applications is the 30th January 2020.
Webrecruit and Yorkshire Cancer Research are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are seeking an exciting, new challenge as a Health Initiatives and Services Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 37 hours per week