Retail eCommerce Trading Officer
Harrogate, North Yorkshire
Yorkshire Cancer Research is the largest independent cancer charity in England. With an ambitious goal of saving 2000 lives a year, it is an exciting time to be joining the charity. Every week in Yorkshire almost 600 people are told they have cancer, by working for Yorkshire Cancer Research you are helping to protect and save these lives.
Yorkshire is big, beautiful and diverse and, as an inclusive employer, our aim is that our workforce reflects the rich diversity of our region. We believe a diverse workforce is central to us achieving our strategic goal of saving more lives in our region. We offer equal opportunities regardless of race, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnerships.
Yorkshire Cancer Research is entering an exciting period in its development. As part of this we are expanding our team at our Head Office and a number of new roles are being created. As such, we are now looking for a Retail eCommerce Trading Officer to support our Brand and Relationships team.
We offer all our employees a wide range of benefits including an enhanced contributory pension scheme, 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays (increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service), flexible working arrangements, private medical insurance, enhanced maternity leave, career progression, learning and development, wellbeing initiatives, offices within walking distance of Harrogate train station, free onsite parking and a whole lot more.
We’ve got a strong set of values that inform everything we do and we’re looking for people who are aligned with these. As our Retail eCommerce Trading Officer, you will strive for excellence in everything you do, have integrity, champion expertise through improvement and innovation and be a great team player. To find out more about our values and how important they are to us, please visit our website.
As a Retail eCommerce Trading Officer, you will be tasked with ensuring that we are equipped with a fit-for-purpose online marketplace offering that delivers on product quality and customer service.
Supporting the Head of Retail Operations, you will lead a team of volunteers, supporting the continued growth and development of our online sales.
Your overall aim will be to raise funds for the organisation which will be invested in the strategic goal of saving 2,000 lives each year in Yorkshire.
Specifically, you will:
- Research suitable eCommerce platforms and formulate plans to develop a presence on these platforms.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day execution of the ecommerce channels, generating a profitable income stream for the charity.
- Be responsible for operating our existing online marketplaces (e.g., eBay, Shopify and Depop) ensuring a range of stock is available and products listings are up to date.
- Carry out market research to ensure items are valued correctly, listed and merchandised effectively online to maximise opportunities for sales.
- Monitor and respond to online customer reviews and identify any common trends that could impact future sales or the customer experience. Ensure feedback is shown to the team so that improvements can be made.
- Manage the day-to-day running of the Donation Centre, developing and maintaining policies and procedures in conjunction with Retail and Marketing teams.
- Manage a team of well-trained volunteers and take every effort to create a positive working environment.
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- Previous experience in a retail eCommerce role within a multi-channel sales environment.
- Evidence of a strong web trading background from an existing online retailer including experience of building online trade and running a successful eCommerce platform.
- Commercial awareness to help build and drive web sales coupled with the personality and motivation to help build and drive our online platforms.
- An understanding of eCommerce trading and familiarity with online merchandising, SEO, web analytics, Google Analytics, Magento and Shopify.
- Strong IT and analytical skills and proficiency in Excel and Google Analytics, with a thorough understanding of eCommerce marketing, including Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Google AdWords, pay-per-click campaigns and data tracking.
- A good understanding of the online customer journey and the tools available to drive online conversions.
- A creative eye and good photography skills.
- Strong written and numerical skills.
- Ideally, to be educated to A Level standard or equivalent.
Before applying, please visit our Careers Page to view the full role profile and find out more about working for Yorkshire Cancer Research.
To apply please submit a CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to Claire Wooldridge, People Partner before 1st June. Please read our privacy notice before applying.
The charity is a responsible and flexible employer. We welcome any discussion for flexible working at interview/offer stage where we will consider an individual’s circumstances against the needs of the charity.
We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates from all backgrounds. If we can make any reasonable adjustments to support your application please contact us
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.