Retail Operations Officer
Harrogate, North Yorkshire (with regular travel to retail sites across Yorkshire)
Yorkshire Cancer Research is one of the most exciting and innovative charities in the UK. The charity is a leading funder of cancer research in the region and has a track record of supporting ground-breaking projects and clinical trials to help prevent cancer and increase survival. We are working to save an extra 2,000 lives a year in Yorkshire.
Yorkshire Cancer Research is entering an exciting period in its development. As part of this we are expanding our team at our Head Office and a number of new roles are being created. We are currently looking for a Retail Operations Officer to support the Head of Retail Operations as we significantly expand our retail portfolio over the next few years.
- Salary of £24,000 - £28,000 per annum
- Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Offices within walking distance of the train station/free onsite parking
If you are a retail professional with experience of providing operational support, then this is an excellent opportunity to support Yorkshire Cancer Research in achieving its strategic aims.
We’ve got a strong set of values that inform everything we do and we’re looking for people who are aligned with these. As our Retail Operations Officer, you will strive for excellence in everything you do, have integrity, champion expertise through improvement and innovation and be a great team player.
As Retail Operations Officer, you will help to build and deliver our charity’s retail strategy and provide a point of contact for shop managers and retail volunteers.
As we increase the number of shops we have, your role will involve supporting shop managers across Yorkshire to deliver a consistent brand experience to customers and volunteers.
Additionally, you will:
- Support the Head of Retail Operations with the administration of shop openings, closures and refits
- Provide support to the shop managers with training for the retail volunteers
- Oversee our online retail shop and brief marketing colleagues to update product details
To join us as a Retail Operations Officer, you’ll need:
- Experience of providing retail operation support, ideally for a charity
- A track record of working on a shop opening, closure and/or refurbishment
You will also need experience in retail roles, which included one or more of the following:
- Setting up and/or managing an online shop
- Merchandising and/or retail display
- Handling customer complaints and creating win-win scenarios
- Stock rotation and management
- Introducing new shop processes by training/coaching colleagues
- Retail operation management
Stock delivery, merchandising and retailing sales experience would be beneficial to your application, as would experience of developing retail processes for shops.
Other organisations may call this role Area Retail Officer, Regional Retail Officer, Area Retail Supervisor, Regional Retail Supervisor or Retail Operations Supervisor.
Webrecruit and Yorkshire Cancer Research are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as a Retail Operations Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 37 hours per week