Yorkshire Cancer Research is the largest independent cancer charity in England. With an ambitious goal of saving 2000 lives a year, it is an exciting time to be joining the charity. Every week in Yorkshire almost 600 people are told they have cancer, by working for Yorkshire Cancer Research you are helping to protect and save these lives.
Yorkshire is big, beautiful and diverse and, as an inclusive employer, our aim is that our workforce reflects the rich diversity of our region. We believe a diverse workforce is central to us achieving our strategic goal of saving more lives in our region. We offer equal opportunities regardless of race, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnerships.
Yorkshire Cancer Research is entering an exciting period in its development. As part of this we are expanding our team at our Head Office and a number of new roles are being created. As such, we are now looking for a Supporter Care Officer to support our Brand and Relationships Team.
We offer all our employees a wide range of benefits including an enhanced contributory pension scheme, 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays (increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service), flexible working arrangements, private medical insurance, enhanced maternity leave, career progression, learning and development, wellbeing initiatives, offices within walking distance of Harrogate train station, free onsite parking and a whole lot more.
We’ve got a strong set of values that inform everything we do and we’re looking for people who are aligned with these. As our Supporter Care Officer, you will strive for excellence in everything you do, have integrity, champion expertise through improvement and innovation and be a great team player. To find out more about our values and how important they are to us, please visit our website.
As a Supporter Care Officer, you will help to achieve Yorkshire Cancer Research’s strategic aims by working with the charity’s CRM, Marketing and Fundraising Teams to communicate key messages and build relationships with the charity’s supporters and donors, whilst ensuring that supporters’ details are accurately recorded on our CRM database.
Supporting the Marketing Manager, you will represent the charity by explaining its purpose and demonstrating the charity’s values to donors and supporters, showing appropriate empathy to those who may have cancer or a family member/friend who does.
Additionally, you will deliver excellent customer service over the telephone and in written communications.
Specifically, you will:
- Ensure supporter communications are accurate, timely and appropriate to the recipient. This includes selecting the correct templated copy and updating key information so the communication is tailored and relevant to the individual supporter.
- Use the CRM System to run supplied data queries to deliver campaigns (e.g. using Mail Merge) to create and deliver supporter communications. This includes printing and posting letters and sending emails, making updates to supporter records and fulfilling requests for information.
- Work with the Marketing / CRM Teams to automate communications where this is possible and appropriate.
- Help to identify key target audience(s) and implement customer communications using the database. This includes identifying potential prospects, implementing cross-sell campaigns and measuring results.
- Use our database to update supporter records to reflect changes in marketing permissions, personal details and the charity’s relationship with the supporter (e.g. Volunteer / Donor / Brand Ambassador etc).
- Use database modules (e.g., Prospect Module / Volunteer module) to deliver communications that are relevant to the target audiences.
- Help fulfil email supporter communications. This includes running data queries for a monthly e-news, cancellation communications and managing different email supporter journeys, for example.
- Monitor inbound emails to the charity, forwarding to the relevant colleague (if unable to provide a response) or responding and actioning.
- Help develop outbound telephone campaign scripts and make /take resulting calls. Accurately update the database to reflect each conversation.
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- A degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline or experience working in a similar role at a similar level.
- Previous experience of working with CRM databases to deliver/respond to communications and campaigns (Experience of working with The Raisers Edge is desirable but not essential).
- To understand the requirements of GDPR and be confident in adhering to these requirements.
- Customer service experience in a similar or related role (e.g. telephony/ databases/ office).
- High computer literacy with comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience of working with email platforms (e.g. Mail Chimp) to deliver digital communications.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with an ability to use active listening skills, and write professionally and appropriately for a range of diverse audiences. Has a good grasp of grammar, spelling and of the spoken word.
- To be comfortable sharing ideas, insights and learnings with colleagues to help the charity continually learn and improve.
- To be able to effectively prioritise own workload, planning ahead and setting time aside to perform key tasks that are essential to the successful delivery of the role.
Before applying, please visit our Careers Page to view the full role profile and to find out more about working for Yorkshire Cancer Research.
To apply please submit a CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to Claire Wooldridge, People Partner, before Sunday 4th July. Please read our privacy notice on our website before applying.
The charity is a responsible and flexible employer. We welcome any discussion for flexible working at interview/offer stage where we will consider an individual’s circumstances against the needs of the charity.
We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates from all backgrounds. If we can make any reasonable adjustments to support your application please contact us.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.