This post will suit an experienced fundraiser with knowledge in fundraising for conservation, charity zoos, animal welfare or the environment and who understands the networks and NGO’s in that field. It is a post for a self-starting individual with a proactive attitude and the existing, current knowledge of the sector to identify opportunities and strategies and a passion to make a difference.
It will suit a fundraiser who wishes to work part time from home. There is flexibility in hours for the right candidate.
The aim of the Trust Fundraising Executive/Manager is:
- To increase statutory and non-statutory income from an array of sources.
- To perform duties that support the YWPF Trustees with budget monitoring, researching sources, writing proposals, stewarding relationships and reports.
- To be a proactive, fully committed member of YWPF.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of a fundraising strategy to drive income for the work of the Yorkshire Wildlife Park Foundation within the framework of the strategic business plan. Working with the YWPF Trustees to deliver this strategy against agreed targets and objectives.
- Applying for funding for projects from grants, charitable trusts and foundations, seeking out other opportunities where appropriate.
- Developing and managing relationships with a wide range of trust funding partners and with supporters where appropriate.
- Supporting the YWPF Trustees and working with the team to cultivate new prospects and the development of relationships with existing partners.
- Managing the preparation of high-quality written materials and proposal documents as required and as appropriate for the organisations approached.
- Maintain existing relationships with trusts and foundations, ensuring that all reporting and other criteria are met.
- Develop further ways of building relationships and committed support from trusts with the YWPF Trustees and senior Staff.
- Research potential trust donors and identify the most effective way to approach them.
- Develop appropriate communications for each donor and ensure that reporting (narrative and financial) is timely and accurate.
- Defining priorities in agreement with the YWPF Trustees and working closely with colleagues across the organisation to ensure that priorities reflect the needs of the organisation and the prospects identified.
- Prepare and deliver financial activity reports for the YWPF Trustees.
- To monitor income/expenditure within agreed levels working with the Fundraising Team.
- To participate in other fundraising team activities and stewardship events as appropriate.
- Manage YWPF Ambassadors scheme and cultivate partnerships and networks appropriate to the Yorkshire Wildlife Park Foundation.
The Trust Fundraising Executive/Manager will report to the CEO of YWPF and provide update reports to the Board of the YWPF Trustees monthly and attend Trustee Meetings when required.
What you will need:
- Degree level or equivalent
- ICFM/ Fundraising qualification
- Experience in the field of conservation and animal welfare
- Experience developing and managing a significant budget
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to adopt a strategic approach to solving problems and tackling challenges
- A good standard of competency with all basic computer packages in the Microsoft Office suite is essential
- Work calmly under pressure and knowledge of a broad range of modern fundraising and consumer marketing activities including legal requirements such as issues relating to Human Resources i.e. equal opportunities, diversity and disciplinary etc.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.