Young Barnet Foundation (YBF) is a small charity with a big reach and an even bigger heart. We are leading change across the borough, and are driven by a vision for all young people to grow up healthy, safe and happy, with the best opportunities to secure brighter futures.
We lead a diverse membership of over 200 charities, community organisations and social enterprises that deliver fun, enriching and well-being activities and projects to children and young people across the borough of Barnet. We support our members with advice, information and sharing best practice, offer networking opportunities, assistance with fundraising and foster partnership building. We also work with local authority and strategic partners to encourage sharing of intelligence, ideas, and resources.
During the pandemic, the Barnet Together partnership, (YBF, Inclusion Barnet and Volunteering Barnet), is working closely with Barnet Council to maximise support for residents, communities, and local community groups. The Community Development Advisor will play a key part in providing this support, including helping organisations to maintain services, adapt their delivery, and provide Covid19 specific help, with a key focus on fundraising and organisational development.
We are looking for a passionate, methodical and organised individual, capable of working independently as well as part of a small team in a fast-paced environment. You will ideally bring experience of working with the voluntary sector and community groups. You will need to be conformable communicating with stakeholders at all levels, be a fast learner, with an enthusiastic and positive approach.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with relevant colleagues to
- identify development and support needs across the sector
- develop resources
- track and assess funding opportunities
- Support partnership bids as appropriate
- support the promotion of services and relevant activities
- reach out to members and other organisations, checking their support needs and ensuring they make use of the services
- work with existing staff to identify needs and carry out 1:1 session with organisations offering a range of support, e.g.
- fundraising planning/need
- budgets and financial management
- business development
- staffing and governance
- technical support, e.g. Gift Aid and GDPR requirements
Additional documents: Job Description and Person Specification
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.