YCF is a membership organisation and crucial to the success of the role will be the ability to support members with achieving their fundraising objectives.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The main area of responsibility is to work with YCF members on a one to one basis to increase members fundraising capabilities. This post will also support and promote the development of larger partnership bids as and when required.
- Capacity building - You will foster and maintain good relationships with our members with a focus on developing an excellent understanding of their outputs, outcomes and fundraising objectives. This will include, facilitating 1-2-1 interactions with current and prospective members, supporting members with developing fundraising plans, organising virtual meetups, and supporting the Chief Operating Officer with hosting member’s events.
- Training and organisation strategy development – Developing and delivering training and supporting members with accessing relevant training, to improve their fundraising skills and capability. Support members with developing/enhancing their strategy by organising appropriate training to strengthen member’s knowledge and understanding of developing their organisation’s aims and objectives, vision and mission statement and theory of change
- Identifying opportunities – Continue the development of YCF’s funders database to reflect members’ strategic and fundraising objectives.
- Prospecting – Undertake prospect research into potential new funders from the wide range of trusts and foundations using internet, online databases, and other sources, prioritising as appropriate. To ensure ethical, best practice and compliant fundraising activities; stay up to speed with best practice within fundraising and the charity sector; identify areas of compliance, new areas of opportunity and innovation within the sector
- Supporting the development of bids – You will work alongside members to collate content for bids helping them to identify key information and structure responses in a clear and compelling way
- Measuring data - Use Salesforce to diligently record accurate data on members engagement, bid support, submission, and outcomes. This data will be included in YCF performance reports and annual review. Ensure that all data is gathered, held, and used in-line with relevant data protection regulations.
- Work alongside the Chief Operating Officer and other members of staff to communicate opportunities to members using YCF website, newsletter, social media and other sources of communication
- Work with the Chief Executive Officer to promote and support new partnership bids in line with YCF objectives and values
- To undertake any task that may be requested from time to time that may be consistent with the nature and scope of this post.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.