Are you passionate about investing in young people? Are you an expert in engaging volunteers from a diverse range of backgrounds? Here at Young Enterprise we are looking for just that… We’re seeking a Volunteer Support Manager, to share your experience & vision in volunteer support and coordination.
About Young Enterprise
Each year, Young Enterprise helps thousands of young people develop the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to succeed. Through our nationwide enterprise and financial capability programmes, we give young people the opportunities and experiences to discover who they are and what they’re good at. A key focus for us is social mobility, and our volunteers form an important part of our strategy now and into the future.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic Volunteer Support Manager to join our Volunteer & Alumni Support team to lead on the continuing evolution, development & support of our experienced volunteer community and contribute to the successful delivery of our organisational strategy – No Time Like The Future.
Key skills and experience
- Relationship Management & Change Management experience
- Creative & innovative approach to problem solving
- Strong networking & collaboration skills to seek out opportunities for connections
- Excellent communications skills, with the confidence & presence to command attention at senior levels
- Motivated & persuasive negotiator to drive positive outcomes, with resilience & tenacity to overcome initial negative responses
- Confident use of the internet for creative research purposes, as well as standard office IT packages e.g. Word, Outlook, Excel, Raiser’s Edge (or other databases)
- Positive, can-do approach & demonstrable organisational skills
Why work with us?
- People-focussed with a friendly and supportive work-place culture
- An active commitment to equality and diversity
- Generous holiday allowance of 7.2 weeks
- Access to NHS top-up scheme, for money back on expenses such as dental and optical
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Group Life Assurance
This is a permanent, full-time position (37.5 hours per week) and can be worked from our London office or from home with some travel required. Full details can be found in the attached Job Description. If you think you fit this role then we would love to hear from you!
To apply, please submit your CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the role based on the Job Description and Person Specification by no later than midday 31 January.
Interviews will take place via MS Teams on the 9th or 10th February.
Please note that, although we endeavor to respond to all applications, if you have not heard from us by two weeks from the closing date you should consider your application unsuccessful.