Children and Young People Practitioners, Residential (Day or Nights)
Location: Based Permanently in Yvonne House on Wandsworth Road (SW8)
Hours: 40 hours per week – rolling rota made up of 12-hour shifts and attendance at Team Spaces, Supervision and Staff Support (Friday afternoons)
Salary: £26,400 + £1,000 bonus for successful completion of Diploma + Travel + Pension + Staff Wellbeing Fund (+ opportunities for paid overtime)
We are looking for Children and Young People Practitioners to work at our 9-bed residential unit, Yvonne House.
We are currently looking for x1 Day Practitioner and x1 Night Practitioner.
You’ll work as part of a small and dedicated team, all of whom share the same values of thoughtfulness and commitment to changing the lives of disadvantaged young people.
Through ‘lone working’ you will build warm, trusting, and boundaried relationships with young people, providing one-to-one support, advice and guidance and leading on the coordination of other support services.
This is a 'waking night' position where staff are required to be awake all night to support young people and respond to incidents. There is an opportunity for each member of staff to sleep in beds provided for up to 4hrs per night if there are no incidents and the other member of staff on shift is awake.
Do you have...
- Experience of working with young people – e.g. mentor, coach, teaching assistant, youth/community work, mental health, volunteering
- A commitment to making a difference to young people in care
- Share our values and a similar commitment to inclusive working
- An understanding of the impact of trauma and secondary trauma
- An ability to understand, recognise and respond appropriately to risk
Salary & Benefits
We believe all staff should be paid well for work that delivers excellent services and changes the lives of young people in and leaving care.
As a result we offer:
- Competitive Sector Salary (including options to flex working hours up or down) + Work Related Travel + Pension Contribution
- Generous Annual Leave - 37 Days pro-rata, including Bank Holidays.
- Wellbeing Budget (£25 per month for all staff to encourage self-care)
- Monthly wellbeing time
- Training and Support – online modules, group training and personal training budget
- Line Management and Therapeutic 1:1 Supervision, and Therapeutic Group Supervision monthly
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Apply by: midnight, 24th January 2022
Interviews: w/c 31 January 2022
Start date: Early March 2022
To Apply and for more information:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the button to be directed to our website.
No agencies please.