This is an exciting opportunity to join the Young H & F in a new role as we develop and embed our fundraising strategy.
The focus will be on collaboration and fundraising; the Partnership Director will be responsible for building cross-sector relationships with businesses for the purpose of investment that support opportunities for young people in the borough of Hammersmith & Fulham.
This is a new role for the charity and as such the manager requires the skills to confidently lead on developing the strategy, nurturing new relationships with businesses, and operating within an evolving and collaborative environment.
This role is crucial in supporting Young H&F to bridge the gap between young people, the youth sector, and local, national and global businesses; supporting businesses to maximise their social purpose in response to what local young people want & need. A key priority is advocating the work of Young H&F members and their positive impact with children & young people aged up to 25
Young H&F CEO
Upto £40,000 (pro rata)
0.6 (22.5 hours) hours with potential to increase dependent on access to funds. (We are flexible and willing to work flexibly with the right candidate, including remote working).
Based remotely with travel to Hammersmith & Fulham, as well as other London locations.
Young H&F CEO.
Local Small/Medium Enterprises and Corporates.
Organisations delivering opportunities to Children and Young People in H & F.
12-month fixed term contract with the opportunity to increase following a successful review. Reasonable expenses are offered, as well as ad-hoc training/development opportunities,role flexibility and other benefits.
Employer’s pension contributions are offered at 6%.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the CEO to develop a grant making strategy and lead on fundraising strategy to meet these objectives.
- Lead on corporate fundraising activity, including developing and nurturing relationships with local businesses.
- Develop new unrestricted and core fundraising opportunities (Spacehive, Local giving, Crowdfunder etc).
- Support the CEO in fundraising for Young H&F / Young People’s Foundation joint programmes.
- Ensuring Young H&F members are aware of fundraising training events or ‘meet the funder’ opportunities.
Skills and Experience:
Leadership and strategic skills
Effective and innovative stakeholder management skills
Effective business planning skills, including finance, marketing and corporate objectives
Effective communication, networking and influencing skills
Good understanding of issues and challenges facing 0-25 and the role of the children and young people’s sector in addressing these
Good understanding of the youth sector
Good understanding of Corporate Social Responsibility & Social Value
Experience of building and managing relationships across a range of diverse partners
Experience of working at a strategic level both internally and externally on behalf of an organisation
Experience of delivering against income generation targets
Experience of working to tight deadlines with minimal supervision
What does success look like for this role?
- Raise more than £55k of new funding for H&F youth services and organisations through local partnerships and fundraising opportunities.
- Developing and implement a Fundraising and Grant Making strategy.
- Encourage one to four new corporate fundraising partnerships.
- Develop access to alternative sources of income and diversify opportunities through online platforms and a range of other mediums to secure a minimum of £10k
Young H&F is an equal opportunities employer.
Young H&F will ensure that none of its policies or practices discriminates directly or indirectly against our employees in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
Recruitment and selection practices are free from unlawful discriminatory criteria and we encourage applications by people from a range of backgrounds. Job applicants are considered objectively based on merit.
How to apply
We run an anonymised application procedure to ensure our hiring process is as fair as possible. So please remove your name and contact information from your CV before uploading it, and only enter these details on your Charity Job profile.
To apply, you will need to include:
- your CV (with name and contact details removed)
- cover letter (2 sides of A4 approximately)
Applicants without a cover letter will not be considered.
Closing date: 17th July 2020 at 9am
Interviews will be held in the commencing week of 27th July 2020
The ideal candidate should commence to start the role in September 2020 but we can be flexible with start date.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.