21 hours per week (open to job sharing and flexible working), £30,000 pro rata, based in Kensington & Chelsea, but home working due to COVID19, initial 12-month contract.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Young K&C as a Communications and Marketing Officer. We are looking for someone with experience of creating and using digital content to reach new audiences and engage with diverse communities.
Young K&C is a new charity established to support children and young people in Kensington & Chelsea. Young K&C is an innovative cross-sector partnership, working with youth clubs, charities, schools, businesses and Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea.
The successful candidate will develop and manage high quality digital marketing campaigns to help grow the awareness and digital footprint of Young K&C and the children and youth organisations that it works with.
You will help to create content to optimise marketing presence and performance via print publications, website, social media and other online channels.
This will support Young K&C to develop new business partners and to reach new audiences including young people in Kensington and Chelsea.
This role will suit someone with experience of developing professional marketing and communications.
Interested? Upload your CV with contact details for 2 referees and a short supporting statement (max 2 sides A4) outlining how you fulfil the person specification, by 10am on Monday 16 November 2020.
Young K&C: Communications and Admin Officer, Job Description
YOU! What will you need to do?
The key areas that you will be working on are:
- Developing and implementing campaigns and digital strategy for Young K&C
- Supporting plans to grow opportunities for membership, partnerships and income generation, including liaising with schools and businesses
- Creating professionally designed content for our website, newsletter and other publications
- Communications: promoting Young K&C and our member organisations on social media and helping with developing content for our websites
- Working with a youth steering group, and supporting them to input into the development of Young K&C
As the organisation develops, then your role is likely to adapt.
Communications and Digital:
- Develop, manage and update content for website and social media
- Promote local charities and opportunities for young people via social media
- Create engaging content for social media, including short video/GIFs
- Create and design short publications for Young K&C, including regular email updates and newsletter
- Help develop promotional materials for Young K&C
Youth Steering Group:
- Working with Young K&C’s staff team to recruit local young people to take part in a steering group for Young K&C
- Organise meetings and support for the youth steering group
- Work closely with RBKC’s youth council
YOU! What kind of person are we looking for?
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills or characteristics in the application. It is essential that you give evidence or examples of your experience, knowledge and skills where possible.
Excellent Communication Skills – you will have excellent communication skills, including writing skills. You will have good attention to detail and will be able to check and proof read for accuracy.
Experience within a digital, marketing or communications role including –
- Experience of managing and developing social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, TikTok) and developing engaging content, including short videos
- Experience of using design software such as Adobe suite and Canva for digital and print design
- Content management systems and ability to adapt to new online platforms
- Understanding of SEO and paid social
Interpersonal skills – you have good interpersonal skills and some experience of engaging with a diverse group of people, including local young people.
Mucking in – working in a small team with tight resources you will enjoy helping out with getting things done.
The cause – you will be passionate about our vision to support children and young people, committed to supporting diversity and inclusion.
Flexibility – you will be able to work effectively from home and/or from our small office in Kensington and Chelsea.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.