WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- We are looking for someone who is passionate about ensuring that the young people of Manchester have their voices heard - to inform our work, as well as the bigger picture.
- We are looking for someone with links to local community organisations, who can grow and strengthen these relationships with youth groups and young people.
- We are looking for someone who can lead our Young Ambassador Programme alongside our other Project Coordinator.
ABOUT YOUNG MANCHESTER
For centuries Manchester has led the way as a city of innovators and leaders. It is a city full of diversity, energy and determination with a growing and youthful population.
With world class sporting, educational, leisure and cultural facilities, Manchester leads the way. But it is our children and young people who hold the key to growing that great tradition of enterprise and innovation.
Manchester is booming and yet 1 in 3 children live in poverty and austerity measures have impacted heavily on Youth and Play provision across the city. Young Manchester is a young, vibrant charity committed to making Manchester a world-class city for children and young people, where they are safe, happy, healthy and able to reach their full potential and benefit from the city’s economic growth.
ROLE TITLE: Project Coordinator
RESPONSIBLE TO: Social Action Coordinator
LOCATION: Centurion House, 129 Deansgate, Manchester, M3 3WR
SALARY: 22,000 per annum (pro-rated)
Contract until 31st March 2022, 3 days (21 hours)
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and deliver the Young Ambassadors programme and feedback work to the rest of the team and board
- Empower young people to make change in their communities
- Grow and strengthen local relationships with community, youth groups and young people
- Support the Social Action Coordinator in organising key Young Manchester events
- Coordinate Young Partner days and support the delivery of workshops and consultation
- Coordinate training and development of Young Ambassadors
- Deliver group and 1-1 sessions with Young Ambassadors
- Support Young Ambassadors to access leadership opportunities with a range of external partners
- Inform and solidify youth voice mechanisms within Young Manchester
- Ensure young people are involved in the grants delegation process
- Carrying out general administration tasks commensurate with the role and the needs of the organisation
- Understanding of coordinating, supporting and recruiting of children and young people
- Good links with local community organisations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to engage and inspire a range of audiences, including children and young people
- Good time-management skills: ability to diarise, plan and organise events, prioritise activities and meet deadlines
- Ability to remain calm whilst working under pressure, dealing with a range of tasks simultaneously
- Good knowledge of how to engage children and young people in decision-making and governance structures in organisations
- Excellent understanding of the needs of children and young people, and direct experience of working with them to identify and address issues
- Proficient in MS Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Promote equality and value diversity in all working relationships
- Willingness to travel across Manchester and occasionally further afield
- Able to work flexible hours to meet business needs including occasional late meetings
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.