To be responsible for the management of the charity’s support services for our young people who reside at our properties. Overall responsibility for:
- Leadership, management and development of Support Staff, Live in Supervisors and mentor/befriender volunteers. Ensuring staff and Live in Supervisors consistently work to a high standard in the delivery of the support services
- Working closely with the Charity’s Residents Committee
- Compliance with relevant policies, procedures and nationally recognised standards.
- Manage and process resident referrals for care leavers and young people accessing the service, in line with the charity’s admission’s policy
- Manage and oversee the induction of new residents and young people
- Demonstrate good practice and excellence in providing support services
- Oversee ongoing support and personal development work for all young people
- Manage and oversee exit plans for young people and reviewing their experience of the service
- Participate in an “on call” rota
- On occasion, be expected to provide cover/support during evenings, weekends and overnight.
Staff and Volunteers
- Recruit, induct and train staff and support volunteers
- Lead, manage and supervise support staff and volunteers, keeping appropriate records of meetings, development needs and work plans
- Maintain staffing and volunteer rotas to ensure there is sufficient cover at all times.
Administration and Management
- Ensure all appropriate records relating to young people and staff are kept up to date in agreed format, securely managed and filed
- Liaise with the Residents Committee on a regular basis; providing regular written reports to CEO/Trustees; attending meetings as requested.
- Ensure smooth and effective running of the property, including ensuring income (Housing Benefit/Rent/Service Charges/Support Charges) are applied for and up to date
- Provide the CEO/Trustees with regular updates on newsworthy stories about the charity’s operations
- Carrying out other duties commensurate with the general level of responsibility of this post in collaboration with the CEO and the Residents committee.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are followed and nationally recognised quality and care standards are implemented
All staff are required to:
- Uphold the organisation’s policies and procedures and statutory requirements, ensuring effective implementation in all aspects of their work
- Be proactive, bring ideas, suggestions and contribute to business improvement
- Undertake training as required
- Attend staff and team meetings as required
- Observe health and safety procedures in the workplace to ensure personal safety and to safeguard the interests and safety of all using/working/visiting the organisation
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities as appropriate since all staff are expected to work flexibly within their skills level to respond to changing priorities and make sure the needs of the young people and business objectives are met.
The duties and responsibilities outlined in this job description are liable to change to meet the needs of the business. The Chief Executive Officer will discuss and agree any significant changes that arise.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years’ management and supervisory experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of working with young people
- An understanding of homelessness and young people
- Experience of working with personal development plans with service users (eg Outcomes Star or similar) and a robust understanding of their importance in support work
- Excellent team working skills
- Ability to manage complex and highly confidential information
- A high degree of personal organisation and self- management
- Good communication skills
- You will need to be practical, proactive, calm under pressure and able to use your initiative
- Comfortable working autonomously and under direction across multiple tasks
- Driving Licence and use of vehicle (with business insurance). Business mileage paid
- Eligible to live and work in the UK
- An enhanced DBS check will be required.
- A recognised relevant qualification (e.g. in social work/youth work)
- Previous experience in the voluntary sector
- A strong interest in the work of charities
- A shared view and interest in the work of YPACF
Please send your CV with a covering letter. We will respond within 2 working days.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.