A leadership role in taking this respected charity to the next stage of its development. With seven support staff plus a team of volunteers, the CEO will drive the delivery of Young People and Children First’s strategy as we provide homes, support and development for young care leavers. Whilst upholding the charity’s vision and ethos, the CEO will implement new fund-raising initiatives, develop our volunteer strategy and manage the growth of the organisation’s contribution to the issue of young people’s homelessness in Berkshire and the surrounding area.
The charity currently provides homes for up to seven 16-25 year olds in our two houses. We have announced plans to find a third house as part of our development plan.
The CEO will be responsible for:
* implementing our business plan
* ensuring we employ appropriately qualified and experienced staff and volunteers
* preparing and managing budgets
* bidding for charitable grants
* ensuring the relevance and implementation of the charity's policies and procedures
* developing and implementing a volunteer recruitment policy
* ensuring the maintenance of our houses
Our office is located at Greenham Business Park and our houses are in Thatcham. UK travel will be expected as part of the job.
40 hours per week
DBS and the right to reside and work permanently in the UK.
To be on an on-call rota in the event of ‘out of hours’ emergencies if needed.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.