As Communications and Digital Officer, you will be responsible for implementing Youth Access’ communications strategy. You’ll work with our small, dedicated team to amplify our work and raise the profile of Youth Access and our members.
The ideal candidate will be a creative person who is passionate about producing amazing communications for a great cause. Like us, you will be dedicated to addressing the inequalities and injustices faced by young people. You will use your extensive knowledge of social media and digital campaigning to drive forward our fundraising and social change campaigns.
You will be joining Youth Access at an exciting time as we embark on new long-term projects. This is a new permanent role, giving you the opportunity to use your experience and skills to shape your work in our small, dynamic organisation.
- Lead on the design and delivery of Youth Access’ communications strategy
- Lead the full roll out of Youth Access’ fundraising campaigns
- Create exciting and engaging content for a range of audiences
- Manage our member communications Maintain our website and social media channels
- Research, write and submit press releases for media distribution
Knowledge and experience
- Educated to a degree level, or have relevant work experience
- Experience of working in a similar communications role, with a focus on digital communications and campaigning
- Experience of managing online communities for an organisation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent working knowledge of design software such as InDesign or Photoshop
- Knowledge of using campaign skills to influence social change
- Experience of writing press releases and liaising with journalists
- Working knowledge of areas of policy such as mental health, legal advice and wider youth policy
- Experience of membership bodies or similar public facing organisations
This role will require regular direct contact with children and young people (potentially including vulnerable adults), and so a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be required of successful applicants.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.