About the Youth Endowment Fund
The Youth Endowment Fund is a bold new attempt to put early intervention at the heart of efforts to tackle youth offending.
Over the last few years, evidence suggests that growing numbers of children and young people have been affected by violent crime. More children have been found carrying knives and a growing number have been recorded as victims. We believe that each individual statistic is an important member of our community and society has a duty to protect them.
The Youth Endowment Fund is a charity with a £200m endowment and a mission that matters. We exist to prevent children and young people from getting caught up in violent crime. Many organisations have this calling. Our unique role is to identify what works best and to spread the good news.
The Fund is run by youth charity Impetus, in partnership with the Early Intervention Foundation and Social Investment Business. Impetus is a charity that transforms the lives of young people from disadvantaged backgrounds by ensuring they get the right support to succeed in school, in work and in life.
About this role
The Personal Assistant to the Executive Director role offers a fantastic opportunity for an excellent administrator or personal assistant to join an exciting new team. The post will report directly to the YEF Director and will play a vital role in supporting them in their role, including effectively managing and coordinating a number of committees and panels. As well as being responsible for administrative support, the Personal Assistant to the Executive Director will also assist with the collation and analysis of data to produce reports.
If this is the job for you, you will have exceptional organisational skills with experience working in a support role. You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present information clearly and confidently. You will also have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to take initiative and act with discretion, whilst establishing effective relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders. You also like the idea of being part of a committed team working to reduce youth violence.
Diary management for YEF Director
- Provide diary management for the YEF Director, juggling multiple demands on their time.
- Provide a high level of management over the Director’s day to day actions and tasks.
- Ensure the Director is fully prepared for all meetings and has key documents printed to ensure they are fully briefed
- Manage key projects as requested
- Manage expenses for the Director and book travel when required.
- Keep important databases of contacts up to date
- Organise regular team meetings for the whole team
Support to the Board and Committees
- Provide support to key committees including the overall Youth Endowment Fund Committee, our Expert Panel, our Advisory Council and Senior Management Team
- Manage the process for ensuring that paperwork for all meetings is received in good time
- Prepare agendas, take minutes and action points and follow through to ensure these are actioned
- Manage the YEF calendar - order and schedule meetings for committees
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders e.g. Board members and their assistants.
This job description is subject to review.
This job is for you if:
- You have experience of working with a senior staff member helping to manage their diary and support them in their role.
- You work in a systematic, methodical and orderly way but are also very good at handling change and uncertainty
- You have excellent written communication skills. You have experience of producing clear, well-structured minutes and actions from senior level meetings. You have great attention to detail. You can write concisely and clearly and to summarise effectively
- You communicate clearly, succinctly and correctly
- You have a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel
- You can build good relationships with people over the phone and face to face.
- You naturally plan activities well in advance and takes account of possible changes
- You manage your time very effectively
- You take, and enjoy taking, responsibility for actions, projects and people
- You take initiative and like getting on with things
- You are discreet, and are able to handle, manage and keep confidential information
- You maintain a positive outlook at work
- You adapt very well to changing circumstances
- You are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion
- You have a keen interest in working on an issue that matters to young people
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.