Corporate Partnerships Fundraiser
As part of Youth Talk's 5-year strategy, we are investing further in our fundraising capability to continue to grow our income and meet the increased demand on our counselling service.
We are looking for an experienced, motivated and enthusiastic fundraiser to join our small, friendly and growing team.
Youth Talk have a collaborative team approach and supportive culture. We have a flexible working policy and are ideally looking for someone full time but willing to consider a job-share/part time work for the right candidate. Fundraising are all based from home with regular meetings out and about in St Albans and the surrounding area. Youth Talk have just moved to a brand new home and so we’re keen to come together more face to face.
The role holder will report to our Fundraising Manager helping her to build on the significant work and achievements of the past year. The cost of living crisis not only exacerbates the pressures and challenges young people accessing our counselling service are facing, but it means our fundraising must react and respond as appropriate during these times of change.
You will identify, bed in, develop and grow our corporate fundraising further. We have seen significant income growth and know there is interest from companies to support Youth Talk. St Albans District has a supportive business community of individuals both employing young people and many who are parents or invested in employee wellbeing. It's a great role and opportunity to get your teeth into!
You will have excellent interpersonal, organisation and time management skills. Be able to identify, nurture and manage relationships to grow a strong pipeline of new income.
- New income generation from the business community in Hertfordshire
- Prospect to identify meaningful and mutually beneficial new corporate partnerships with Small and Medium sized Enterprises (SME’s)
- Develop and implement a Business Club or Charity / Corporate Networking offer
- Build, manage and maintain existing relationships with local businesses and networking groups to generate new income
- Provide a high level of relationship management through stewardship, and effective regular communications
- Working with the Fundraising Manager to deliver proactive outbound communications to corporate partners and supporters
- Explore new fundraising opportunities and products for Youth Talk to deliver, i.e. lunches, virtual challenges
- Raise awareness of Youth Talk by attending business networking groups, community events including local cheque presentations and building LinkedIn connections
- Support individual giving lead generation
- Identify and gather interesting and engaging fundraiser stories for media and promotional use
- Draft content for use in local media, on websites and social media channels to raise awareness and support of fundraising and volunteering.
We are looking for an exceptional individual who can demonstrate the following experience, skills and knowledge:
- Proven experience of working as a successful fundraiser able to effectively manage and prioritise a heavy workload
- Experience of identifying and developing new charity/corporate partnerships
- Excellent stewardship skills with experience of partnership management and/ or supporting growing numbers of individual fundraisers and organisations
- Understanding of corporate, community and individual giving fundraising and how they contribute towards the goals of Youth Talk
- The ability to come up with new ideas for increasing donations and create solutions to motivate partnerships to maximise potential outcomes
- Experience of working with fundraising systems (Donorfy) and CRM software
- Knowledge of GDPR and fundraising best practice
Skills and abilities:
- Great team player with excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and strong interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm, resilience and a passion to meet objectives and deliver results
- Attention to detail, excellent time management skills and ability to excel under own initiative
- Strong IT skills (i.e. word, excel, powerpoint etc)
- Willing and experienced in working from home (equipment will be provided)
- Full UK clean driving license and access to a car (desirable – as this role requires attendance at meetings and local events)
We're excited to hear from candidates whose CV demonstrates relevant experience in the charity sector or partnership / relationship management.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.