Key Worker – Road Safety (Contract)
Worcester, Worcestershire (with travel throughout Worcestershire)
YSS is a charity that helps people to help themselves, and we’ve been doing so for more than thirty years.
We engage and motivate some of the most under-supported people in society and provide a range of services covering employability, education and training and mental health support.
We’re delighted to have been commissioned by the West Mercia Police and Crime Commissioner to deliver #MORSE (Making Our Roads Safer for Everyone), a safer roads initiative. The service will work with individuals who have committed a driving offence or those who have been identified as potentially at risk of committing a driving offence.
As such, we’re looking for a Key Worker to join us on a contract until the 31st March 2021 to support the delivery of #MORSE in Worcestershire.
- Salary of £20,013.70 per annum
- Government pension
- Flexible working
- 24 days’ holiday per annum
- The chance to help make roads safer and save lives
If you have experience of delivering one-to-one interventions, this is a fantastic opportunity to support the success of an exciting service that is transforming behaviours and making roads across the West Mercia region safer.
Our strength as an organisation lies in the quality of our people - they are our biggest asset. As such, we promote a healthy work-life balance, foster a culture of continuous professional development and provide staff with the support they need to make a difference on a daily basis.
So, if you’re looking to take on a rewarding contract and work with a warm, friendly team who care about what they do, we want to hear from you.
As a Key Worker, you’ll support the successful delivery of #MORSE throughout Worcestershire.
In this important role, you’ll support a caseload of individuals who have committed or are at risk of committing a driving offence. You’ll provide practical and emotional one-to-one support to avoid repeat behaviour, enabling our roads to become safer.
Additionally, you will:
- Deliver a trauma-informed service that ensures service users are at the heart of everything we do
- Build relationships with #MORSE partners, such as West Mercia Police, Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service, Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service and Warwickshire & West Mercia Community Rehabilitation Company
- Accept referrals, undertake assessments and create tailored support plans
To join us as a Key Worker, you’ll need:
- Previous experience of delivering one-to-one interventions
- Experience of working in a multi-agency setting
- Child and adult safeguarding experience
- A track record of undertaking detailed assessments and creating action/support plans which are outcome-focused
- The ability to effectively manage a caseload of service users
- At a minimum, GCSEs at grade C or above in Maths and English (or equivalent)
- A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle
Experience of the following would be beneficial: working in the criminal justice system, working in a supportive/motivational capacity or service user involvement. NLP (neuro-linguistic programming), motivational interviewing or restorative justice training would also be an advantage.
Other organisations may call this role Key Worker, Support Worker, Intervention Support Worker, Outreach Worker, Community Key Worker, Community Support Officer, Community Support Worker, Social Care Worker, or Criminal Justice Support Worker.
Webrecruit and YSS are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Key Worker, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours; 37 hours per week