Senior Key Worker – Road Safety (Contract)
Telford, Shropshire (with travel across West Mercia)
YSS is a charity that helps people to help themselves, and we’ve been doing so for more than thirty years.
We engage and motivate some of the most under-supported people in society and provide a range of services covering employability, education and training and mental health support.
We’re delighted to have been commissioned by the West Mercia Police and Crime Commissioner to deliver #MORSE (Making Our Roads Safer for Everyone), a safer roads initiative. The service will work with individuals who have committed a driving offence or those who have been identified as potentially at risk of committing a driving offence.
As such, we’re looking for a Senior Key Worker to join us on a contract until the 31st March 2021 to help deliver #MORSE in Shropshire.
- Salary of £23,416.45 per annum
- Government pension
- Flexible working
- 24 days’ holiday per annum
- The chance to help make roads safer and save lives
If you have experience of involving service users in the development of a service, this is a fantastic opportunity to drive the success of an exciting service that is transforming behaviours and making roads across the West Mercia region safer.
Our strength as an organisation lies in the quality of our people - they are our biggest asset. As such, we promote a healthy work-life balance, foster a culture of continuous professional development and provide staff with the support they need to make a difference on a daily basis.
So, if you’re looking to take on a rewarding contract and work with a warm, friendly team who care about what they do, we want to hear from you.
As the Senior Key Worker, you’ll ensure the day-to-day operational delivery of #MORSE throughout West Mercia.
In this important role, you’ll supervise a team of Key Workers (internally known as Link Workers) across West Mercia. You’ll also support your own caseload of individuals who have committed or are at risk of committing a driving offence.
Additionally, you will:
- Manage team performance and address any training requirements
- Implement clear output and outcome targets
- Triage, assess and allocate each referral to the service
- Raise the profile of #MORSE across West Mercia
- Liaise with service partners
To join us as the Senior Key Worker, you’ll need:
- Experience of, and a commitment to, involving service users in the development of a service
- Experience of managing staff or volunteers and supporting them to reach their full potential
- An awareness of setting objectives and priorities and monitoring performance against agreed outcomes
- The ability to contribute to ongoing service evaluations and reviews
- A qualification and/or training in criminal justice, social work, youth work, education, health or a related field
- At a minimum, GCSEs at grade C or above in Maths and English (or equivalent)
- A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle
Other organisations may call this role Senior Key Worker, Senior Support Worker, Support Work Team Lead, Community Support Supervisor, Senior Community Support Worker, Senior Community Support Officer or Senior Social Care Worker.
This is a full time role, working 37 hours per week. The ability to work weekends and evenings on a flexible basis is also required.
Webrecruit and YSS are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Senior Key Worker, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.