Position: HR Advisor (HR department, Fixed-term 9 month maternity cover, Full-time)
Salary: £35,833 - £38,663 Inclusive of London Weighting and subject to experience
Location: Regent’s Park, London (hybrid working with 1-2 days per week in our main offices)
Overview of the Role
The HR Advisor works within the People Partnering team and with managers across Science Department (Institute of Zoology and our conservation teams both in the UK and internationally to deliver best practice advice and guidance on policy and procedure, helping ZSL to foster a positive employee relations culture.
- Support and lead on employee relations cases including, investigations, disciplinaries, grievances and absence management Advise managers on performance related queries and support them in the development of performance improvement plans where needed
- Support Senior HRBPs on any change management or organisation design programmes or consultations taking place in business areas
- With the support of the Learning & Organisation Development team, design, develop, and deliver bite-size modules from the suite of HR training across all areas of the organisation
- Use data, analysis and insight from a broad spectrum of sources to drive an evidenced-based and strategic approach to HR interventions
- Grow a supportive culture of confidence and empowerment in the HR team by providing feedback and mentorship to the HR administrators and aiming to minimise the required authorisation or approvals for HR admin
The ideal candidate will:
- Good experience in supporting or leading employee relations cases, with the ability to advise and guide managers to make decisions within policy frameworks
- Experience of designing HR interventions to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of an organisation
- Experience in writing, developing and implementing policies, procedures and guidelines for managers and employees
- Experience of working in HR or Reward within higher education contexts (universities) or research institutions (science professions)
- Experience of supporting HR delivery for international programmes with country offices across Africa and Asia Knowledge and skills Essential
- Good knowledge of employment legislation within the UK
- Sound knowledge of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion best practice within HR
- Able to bring constructive challenge to hiring managers and stakeholders through trusted and credible relationships and evidenced-based solutions
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills that contribute to building trusted and credible relationships with stakeholders Desirable
- Good knowledge of iCims or iTrent HR systems Additional requirements Essential
We’re ZSL, an international conservation charity. Through our unrivalled animal experts in our two zoos (London Zoo and Whipsnade Zoo), the work of our pioneering scientists, our dedicated conservationists, our purpose is to inspire, inform and empower people to stop wild animals going extinct. Our vision is a world where wildlife thrives and we’re working every day to achieve this. From investigating the health threats facing animals, to helping people and wildlife live alongside each other, we are committed to bringing wildlife back from the brink of extinction.
What do we offer?
At ZSL, we are proud of our approach to employee benefits. Our benefits include:
- Our vision and purpose - you’ll work alongside colleagues who are passionate about science-led conservation, knowing that you will help us to inspire, inform and empower people to stop wildlife going extinct
- Pension scheme - we offer a generous pension scheme with up to 12% contributory pension.
- Flexible working – talk to us about your flexible working requirements and we will do everything we can to make sure you work in a way that suits you
- Holidays – 25 days annual leave allowance, plus UK bank holidays
- Wellbeing – access to a blended programme of wellbeing initiatives, including confidential access to our 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Complimentary tickets – annual allocation of Whipsnade Zoo and London Zoo tickets, with a 30% discount in online and retail shops
- Cycle2Work - our cycle to work scheme enables you to lease a bicycle
- Season ticket loan - we offer an interest free loan to buy a season ticket for travel between home and work
- Family friendly policies – we offer enhanced maternity and paternity packages
Applicants will need to upload their CV and covering letter (detailing relevant experience and skills, stating why they want the position and including details of availability) and can do this by visiting our website and clicking the "Apply for this job online" button. If you require any reasonable adjustments, please contact us.
Closing date for applications: Midnight (23:59) on 26th November 2023
Provisional interview date: week of 11th December 2023
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.