International Finance Business Partner
Position: International Finance Business Partner
Salary: £47,582 - £51,527 inclusive of London Weighting and subject to experience
Location: Regent’s Park, London (hybrid working with 1-2 days per week in our main offices)
Overview of the Role
As a qualified finance professional, the purpose of this role is to provide financial business partnering support to cost centre holders and project teams in ZSL’s conservation & policy directorate on matters relating to budgeting, monitoring, grant financial management, data quality, and overseas office financial management. Reporting into the International Finance Manager, the post holder will work closely with a wide range of stakeholders to maintain and support ZSL financial policies, systems, controls, and procedures, ensuring that they are fit for purpose and enabling effective decision-making to build organisational resilience.
- Provide strategic insight and analysis to constructively challenge senior managers and to enable effective and strategic decision making.
- Contribute to the increase in financial management capacity of finance and Conservation Programmes colleagues, identifying and prioritising support needs and delivering a coordinated training and development programme.
- Develop and oversee effective financial performance reporting and forecasting to donors, Conservation and Policy budget holders and management for both restricted and unrestricted funds.
- Financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting of all grants and country offices in the portfolio, identifying risks and addressing them where required.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a professional post graduate accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CIPFA), must be fully qualified.
- Have proven experience in grant financial management, including budgeting, forecasting, reporting, audits, and donor compliance.
- Evidence their ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with both finance and non-finance stakeholders.
- Have advanced skills in using MS office packages, particularly MS Excel.
- Previous experience of working in an INGO or global organisation is highly desirable
We strongly encourage applications from all backgrounds and celebrate the value of having a team of employees with diverse skills, experiences, and heritage. We are committed to ensuring our teams can bring their authentic selves to work without fear of discrimination. ZSL has active equality networks for our staff with lived experience and those who provide active allyship in Race and Culture, Team Pride, Disability Network, and Menopause Network, complemented by our strategic EDI Steering Group.
We’re ZSL, an international conservation charity. Through our unrivalled animal experts in our two zoos (London Zoo and Whipsnade Zoo), the work of our pioneering scientists, our dedicated conservationists, our purpose is to inspire, inform and empower people to stop wild animals going extinct. Our vision is a world where wildlife thrives and we’re working every day to achieve this. From investigating the health threats facing animals, to helping people and wildlife live alongside each other, we are committed to bringing wildlife back from the brink of extinction.
What do we offer?
At ZSL, we are proud of our approach to employee benefits. Our benefits include:
- Our vision and purpose - you’ll work alongside colleagues who are passionate about science-led conservation, knowing that you will help us to inspire, inform and empower people to stop wildlife going extinct
- Pension scheme - we offer a generous pension scheme with up to 12% contributory pension.
- Flexible working – talk to us about your flexible working requirements and we will do everything we can to make sure you work in a way that suits you
- Holidays – 25 days annual leave allowance, plus UK bank holidays
- Wellbeing – access to a blended programme of wellbeing initiatives, including confidential access to our 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Complimentary tickets – annual allocation of Whipsnade Zoo and London Zoo tickets, with a 30% discount in online and retail shops
- Cycle2Work - our cycle to work scheme enables you to lease a bicycle
- Season ticket loan - we offer an interest free loan to buy a season ticket for travel between home and work
- Family friendly policies – we offer enhanced maternity and paternity packages
Applicants will need to upload their CV and covering letter (detailing relevant experience and skills, stating why they want the position and including details of availability) and can do this by clicking the "Apply for this job online" button. If you require any reasonable adjustments, please contact us
Closing date for applications: Midnight (23:59) on 28th November 2023
Provisional interview date: 7th or 8th December for a remote or in-person interview
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.