We’re ZSL, an international conservation charity. Our vision is a world where wildlife thrives and we’re working every day to achieve this. From investigating the health threats facing animals, to helping people and wildlife live alongside each other, we are committed to bringing wildlife back from the brink of extinction. Through the work of our pioneering scientists, our dedicated conservationists and our unrivalled animal experts in our two zoos, we guide and enable others in the UK and all across the world. Inspiring, informing, empowering – working for wildlife.
We’re looking for a Legal Officer to join ZSL to help provide internal legal advice and support across the Society including contract and grant agreement reviews and data protection advice. The successful candidate will assist with Charity Commission and Companies House filings, arranging insurance requirements for the Society and helping manage day-to-day insurance requirements.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the provision of legal advice and support to internal stakeholders within ZSL.
- Support with maintaining a record of legal claims.
- Statutory and regulatory filings (Companies House and Charity Commission).
- Manage insurance arrangements for the society, including the annual renewal and ensuring that appropriate insurance provisions are in place for the Society’s work carried out in the UK and overseas.
- Communicate operational insurance and claims queries, ensuring timely provision of information and documentation and assisting on more complex claims.
- A good understanding of English law and legal system
- Good administrative skills including proven track record of successfully managing multiple responsibilities
- Some past experience of working in a legal setting
- Careful attention to detail
- Willing to learn and develop new skills
- Candidates would preferably have at least one of the following:
- a paralegal practice award, certificate, diploma or higher diploma
- an award in legal studies
- an HNC/HND or foundation degree in law, legal studies or paralegal practice
- a law degree or non-law degree with Graduate Diploma in Law
Please find attached a full job description here.
Applicants will need to upload their CV and covering letter (detailing relevant experience and skills, stating why they want the position and including details of availability) and can do this by clicking the "Apply for this job online" button on the ZSL website. If you have any queries regarding these positions or when applying through the system please contact Human Resources.
Closing date for applications: Midnight (23:59) Sunday 16th May 2021