We’re ZSL, an international conservation charity. Our vision is a world where wildlife thrives and we’re working every day to achieve this. From investigating the health threats facing animals, to helping people and wildlife live alongside each other, we are committed to bringing wildlife back from the brink of extinction. Through the work of our pioneering scientists, our dedicated conservationists and our unrivalled animal experts in our two zoos, we guide and enable others in the UK and all across the world. Inspiring, informing, empowering – working for wildlife.
ZSL London Zoo is looking for a Commercial Manager to define the commercial strategy for London Zoo in order to maximise sales and profit. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring visitor satisfaction and achieving the income and profit budgets for several key revenue streams across commercial operations for the zoo including admissions income, donations, gift aid, catering, retail, hospitality events and experiences. This role manages a large team operating across multiple functions and is responsible for the effective management of this team and the commercial operations they are delivering.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Active contribution to the strategic planning for ZSL London Zoo, with a focus on commercial development of existing and new business opportunities.
- Modelling and agreeing the commercial KPIs for the business including income and expenditure projections.
- Ownership of the Commercial visitor journey for ZSL London Zoo and implementation of growth and development plans and the achievement of measurable success metrics.
- Develop comprehensive ideas, business cases and plans to grow new and existing areas of the ZSL London Zoo business.
- Lead on team recruitment, development and training including leadership on customer service training and initiatives.
- Effectively manage the Catering partner relationship in both DVC and C&B areas.
- Work with all areas of ZSL to ensure the success of the ZSL London Zoo business, in particular Marketing and Communications, CRM and Membership, Development, HR and Recruitment, ICT and systems, Facilities Management, Finance including commercial systems and management information.
- Extensive experience of working in a visitor attraction.
- Strong leadership qualities are required to lead this multi-functional, talented team with a naturally positive and team spirited approach to operational management.
- Excellent project management skills and proven ability to drive projects forward.
- Proven track record of managing budgets and meeting income targets.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
This role offers a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package including 25 days holiday, stakeholder pension where the employer minimum contribution is 7%, complimentary zoo tickets and more!
Applicants will need to upload their CV and covering letter (detailing relevant experience and skills, stating why they want the position and including details of availability) by clicking the "Apply for this job online" button. If you have any queries regarding this position or when applying through the system please contact Human Resources
Closing date for applications: Midnight (23:59) Sunday 26th January 2020.
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.