We’re ZSL, an international conservation charity. Our vision is a world where wildlife thrives and we’re working every day to achieve this. From investigating the health threats facing animals, to helping people and wildlife live alongside each other, we are committed to bringing wildlife back from the brink of extinction. Through the work of our pioneering scientists, our dedicated conservationists and our unrivalled animal experts in our two zoos, we guide and enable others in the UK and all across the world. Inspiring, informing, empowering – working for wildlife.
ZSL is looking to hire three separate Supporter Services Coordinator positions to join our busy Supporter Services and Membership Team, based at ZSL London Zoo. The Supporter Services team is a single point of contact for general enquiries, members and donors, as well as being the portal through which other ZSL products and experiences can be sold and booked. Contact with supporters will be made via inbound and outbound phone calls, email and face-to-face in order to maximize revenue for ZSL.
These roles will be 30 hours a week and will involve working every other weekend.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle customer contact effectively and in line with service level agreements (phone/email/chat/visits/mail/admin).
- Respond to reviews across key external websites such as trip advisor / Google reviews.
- Maximise ZSL revenue through the sale and promotion of tickets, memberships, membership upgrades etc.
- Accurate and effective data capture and CRM utilisation.
- Process and handle sensitive financial information and take payments ensuring that all regulatory requirements are adhered to.
- Undertake several administrative tasks to support the work of the wider team e.g. reporting, posting, processing direct debit payments etc.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be educated to ‘A’ level standard or equivalent and a qualification in customer service would be desirable.
- Have a good working knowledge of a customer relationship management system within a charity or commercial environment; a good working knowledge of SR04 would be advantageous.
- Be comfortable speaking to people over the telephone dealing with queries.
- Have excellent numerical, written and oral skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and customer care skills too; experience working in a customer service department within a charity would be an advantage.
- Be objective and target driven; highly organized and able to work well under pressure
- Have an understanding of Bankers Automated Clearing Systems (BACS) and HM Revenue & Customers (HMRC) in regard to Gift Aid.
- If you have the imagination to not only problem solve but to create new opportunities to support the key departments within ZSL, then we would love to hear from you.
Applicants will need to upload their CV and covering letter (detailing relevant experience and skills, stating why they want the position and including details of availability) by clicking the "Apply for this job online" button. If you have any queries regarding this position or when applying through the system please contact Human Resources.
Closing date for applications: Midnight Sunday 1st March 2020
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.
ZSL kindly requests no contact from agencies or media sales please regarding this position.