We’re ZSL, an international conservation charity. Our vision is a world where wildlife thrives and we’re working every day to achieve this. From investigating the health threats facing animals, to helping people and wildlife live alongside each other, we are committed to bringing wildlife back from the brink of extinction. Through the work of our pioneering scientists, our dedicated conservationists and our unrivalled animal experts in our two zoos, we guide and enable others in the UK and all across the world. Inspiring, informing, empowering – working for wildlife.
ZSL is seeking a dynamic, efficient and self-motivated Volunteer Coordinator to join the team at ZSL London Zoo. This is a challenging but hugely rewarding role managing our 200+ London Zoo Visitor Engagement Volunteers, leading on recruitment, training, role development and day-to-day operations. The role will also be instrumental in promoting volunteer management best practice across London Zoo and will support with the development of new projects. Our loyal Visitor Engagement Volunteer team volunteer on a weekly or fortnightly rota basis, so communicating effectively to all of them can be a challenge and you will need to be ready with some great ideas for keeping things running as smoothly as possible!
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead on the management, recruitment and support of the London Zoo Visitor Engagement Volunteers and programme development, ensuring successful year-round delivery.
- Ensure all administration and record-keeping for the Visitor Engagement Volunteers is efficiently managed.
- Provide volunteer management guidance to the different Volunteer Supervisors across ZSL and support for ZSL-wide volunteering initiatives.
- Promote best practice in volunteer management across ZSL, leading by example.
- Build and maintain good relationships with Volunteer Supervisors, other staff and volunteers across ZSL and be a point of contact for them.
- Demonstrable experience of leading and coordinating teams of volunteers, inspiring them to reach their potential.
- Good awareness and understanding of volunteering best practice.
- Experience within people-facing organisations with a focus on excellent customer service.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (including sensitivity and tact), with proven ability to communicate effectively with volunteers from different backgrounds, and staff of all managerial levels.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience of developing and delivering content for varying audiences, including volunteer briefings and training.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
- Excellent IT skills.
Based at ZSL London Zoo in Regents Park, this role may include some travel to ZSL Whipsnade Zoo for team meetings and to support events activities.
This role offers a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package including 25 days holiday, stakeholder pension where the employer minimum contribution is 7%, complimentary zoo tickets and more.
Applicants will need to upload their CV and covering letter (stating why they want the position, detailing relevant experience and skills that meet the person specification, and including details of availability) and can do this by clicking the "Apply for this job online" button. If you have any queries regarding this position or when applying through the system please contact Human Resources.
Closing date for applications: Midnight (23:59) Sunday 4th August 2019.
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.
ZSL kindly requests no contact from agencies or media sales please regarding this position.