We’re ZSL, an international conservation charity. Our vision is a world where wildlife thrives and we’re working every day to achieve this. From investigating the health threats facing animals, to helping people and wildlife live alongside each other, we are committed to bringing wildlife back from the brink of extinction. Through the work of our pioneering scientists, our dedicated conservationists and our unrivalled animal experts in our two zoos, we guide and enable others in the UK and across the world. Inspiring, informing, empowering – working for wildlife.
ZSL is looking for a Brand Executive to be responsible for supporting the ZSL Brand Manager with plans to grow ZSL’s fundraising activity by increasing awareness, understanding and support for ZSL as an international conservation charity, and by helping to deliver a new, regular giving fundraising scheme. The Brand Executive will also assist the ZSL Brand Manager with implementation of the marketing and communications strategy for the ZSL brand. You will be joining the Marketing team at an exciting time for the charity, as we look forward to our 200th year and the launch of the new regular-giving fundraising scheme which the Brand Executive will play an important part in delivering.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the delivery of a new regular giving fundraising scheme, including coordinating donor journey, communications, retention programme, tracking KPIs and regular reporting.
- Be a ZSL brand champion and work closely with the relevant teams to aid a supporter-focused culture, embed the ZSL brand and be a point of internal support for the new regular giving fundraising scheme.
- Support the ZSL Brand Manager to develop and plan brand awareness campaigns and donor acquisition activity, including managing media schedules, working with teams internally to develop coordinated channel plans to support donor acquisition, managing creative delivery and critical paths.
- Work with Science and Conservation teams to identify key content stories, projects and themes to support the development of campaigns.
- Work with the Events and Fundraising team to coordinate communications and creative collateral for ZSL’s annual fundraising gala.
- Support the ZSL Brand Manager with internal requests for branded ZSL creative collateral (logos, presentation templates, t-shirts, uniform update requests) and work closely with the Design team to ensure all communications are ‘on brand’.
- Work with the Zoo Marketing team on monitoring and improving visitor engagement with ZSL brand, including helping with the role out of new contactless donation points.
- Carry out any necessary data analysis, market research and engagement surveys alongside our Audience Insights team to assess satisfaction, demand, brand positioning and awareness. Interpret market research and make recommendations to inform the ongoing development of the brand strategy.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, confident and organised individual who has the ability to influence. They will be passionate about marketing, communications and fundraising and be able to identify new opportunities and bring new ideas to the team. The successful candidate will have relevant experience in a charity/fundraising background and will have experience in working on integrated brand marketing campaigns to improve awareness and support. They will also have proven experience of coordinating brand communications across an organisation.
They will be flexible and open and able to support their line manager in delivery of projects in tight timescales. The role will need to work autonomously at times and the post holder should be self-motivated and driven. They will need to be professional in their approach and be confident in articulating their ideas. They should be comfortable meeting new people and with stakeholder management both internally and externally.
Applicants will need to upload their CV and covering letter (detailing relevant experience and skills, stating why they want the position and including details of availability) and can do this by clicking the "Apply for this job online" button on the ZSL website. If you have any queries regarding this position or when applying through the system, please contact Human Resources.
Closing date for applications: Midnight Sunday 7 July 2019