The Head of Income Generation and External Affairs is responsible for telling our story and powering our team. This is a new role and represents an extraordinary opportunity to join a leading sport for development charity that uses the appeal of Cardiff City FC to change lives.
The purpose of the role is to provide strategic leadership for the Foundation’s income generation and external affairs including fundraising, marketing and communications activities. You will help power our team by driving our income generation strategy with a focus on income generation across the income spectrum.
You’ll tell our story by leading on our external affairs with a focus on raising awareness and building our audience. You will have strategic leadership experience of income generation and/or external affairs and demonstrate an ability to manage complex stakeholder relationships. As a member of our senior team you will contribute to the strategic leadership of the organisation as a whole, to ensure the achievement of our goals and deliver maximum impact for our beneficiaries. We’re interested in your potential and want to build a strong high-performing team full of complementary experiences, not a group of people with the same perspectives.
We’re looking for the best candidates so we’re happy to talk flexible working to suit your circumstances. This includes home working and/or working from other locations, flexible working patterns, annualised hours, compressed hours and part-time hours.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
The Director of Income Generation is a critical role, enabling the Charity to achieve its objectives and ambitions to sustain and grow its palliative care and support services for children with life-limiting conditions, and their families, at our hospice and in the community across Wales. The Director will develop, lead, and implement a strategy and programme of diverse income generation activity to accelerate the growth of fundraising and achieve sustainable income in a manner that is consistent and compliant with fundraising regulation.
Leading the Income Generation function, which comprises fundraising, philanthropy and supporter care, and ensuring compliance with fundraising regulation, the post holder will set the pace and ambition levels, inspiring, motivating and coaching the teams to be innovative in their approach to fundraising and philanthropy. Leveraging data to inform campaigns, and striving to build outstanding supporter stewardship, the Director will coach and develop this team to deliver the highest possible returns on investment in all of our fundraising and philanthropic activities.
The Director of Income Generation will develop partnerships and supporter relationships and build our public profile, collaborating with colleagues in Care Services and Marketing and Communications to increase visibility and understanding of the important role Ty Hafan plays in the lives of children and their families, in turn generating increased support and income.
Responsbilities to include:
- Lead the strategic direction for all philanthropic, fundraising and stewardship aspects of income generation.
- Lead the development and implementation of multiple fundraising strategies to maximise income, with clear fundraising plans outlining income projections, focused activities, and investment necessary to develop sustainable income streams.
- Take primary responsibility for the implementation of the income generation business plan and the budget.
- Accelerate income growth in a sustainable manner across a diverse range of income streams and collaborate with other directorates to embed a culture of income generation across the organisation clearly linked to the Charity’s mission.
- Build, lead and develop the Income Generation team to deliver the strategy, setting clear objectives aligned to the income generation strategy, and ensuring colleagues are effectively performance managed, and their personal development enabled.
- Provide vision and motivational leadership in line with Tyˆ Hafan’s values, ensuring that all income generation areas are commercially focused, outward looking, and responsive to market changes.
- Oversee the development and implementation of an effective approach to training and development of colleagues.
- Champion and role model our values, empathy and trust with all internal and external relationships
- Foster the development of a positive and supportive culture within the organisation. To lift others up and to give voice, agency and equity to all.
- Understand and communicate the wider organisational strategy and challenges, fostering a culture of collaboration through strong internal working relationships.
Person specification to include:
- Proven credentials evidencing a broad range of fundraising activities, including legacy and major donor fundraising, donor development, grant-funding, corporate, events and community fundraising.
- Significant successful experience in a senior fundraising role, delivering income growth across multiple channels.
- Experienced leader, with proven credentials as a member of a Senior Management Team/Executive Team, ideally at Board level, with demonstrable evidence of collaborative working to achieve the best for the organisation.
- Demonstrable evidence of meeting targets and maximising return on investment in a challenging environment.
- Experience of developing and implementing successful innovative income generating activities/ streams.
- Significant experience of leadership with a focus on creating highly engaged and performing teams.
- Experience of leading and overseeing budgets including setting, measuring and performing against KPIs.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes to include:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong commercial acumen, with an ability to present and interpret data in a coherent manner.
- Sound knowledge of Fundraising regulations and an awareness of wider charity regulations.
- Excellent IT skills.
- A strategic thinker who is decisive and highly resilient.
- High levels of personal motivation, passion and determination.
- Creative, innovative and resourceful.
- Thrives on inspiring, building and managing teams.
- A high degree of integrity and self-awareness.
- Credible and persuasive, able to inspire and motivate others.
- Caring, collaborative and professional (in line with the Charity's values).