85 Online and social media coordinator jobs near Bloomsbury, Greater London
What’s my CV Worth?
How much could you earn in the charity sector? Use our CV checker to find out.Check Now
The three Monteverdi ensembles – the Monteverdi Choir, English Baroque Soloists and Orchestre Révolutionnaire et Romantique – are a leading force on the international music scene. World-class musicians and singers from many nationalities come together to share in the distinctive vision of our founder and music director, Sir John Eliot Gardiner, in ground-breaking projects that span eight centuries of musical masterpieces.
The ensembles are in great demand worldwide and enjoy an ever-increasing global audience and supporter base. They regularly tour to prestigious venues and festivals around the world and have recorded extensively for several decades on major labels, as well as on their own award-winning label SDG, which alone boasts a back catalogue of over 50 titles available both physically and digitally.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator will ensure impactful visibility of all planned activity for the MCO ensembles (live performances, recordings, broadcasting, streaming and all presence on any digital platforms), to promote the ensembles’ activity, stimulating stakeholders’ engagement and endorsement. This will require working organically across the concerts’ team, labels and production partners to maximise coordinated exposure.
The successful candidate will be an experienced and creative professional with a sound knowledge of the industry and a successful track record in a comparable role, marketing high-profile events involving different international partners, with strong demonstrable experience both with digital and off-line platforms. Most importantly, s/he will have the drive to proactively devise and deliver appropriate projects to the highest standards required by the profile of the ensembles.
Please visit our website for job description and details of how to apply.
CLOSING DATE: 10am Monday 7th February 2022 (e may contact candidates before the closing date)
INTERVIEWS: Week commencing Monday 14th February 2022
We have a fantastic opportunity for a driven and dynamic Recruitment Coordinator to join our People and Culture team here at the Social Interest Group, based in our Head Offices located in Islington, London.
The Recruitment Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the organisation's end to end recruitment processes, by supporting the management and overall delivery of effective recruitment and selection services, including writing and advertising jobs; co-ordinating and participating in selection activities; utilising online and social media channels to search and directly source potential candidates; and maintaining a high quality administrative function that drives the overall candidate experience.
The Recruitment Coordinator will have the autonomy to work closely with hiring managers to deliver a seamless recruitment service and provide advice regarding best practice and employment law, presenting practical solutions and options in relation to hiring needs.
The successful candidate will be a team player who has strong attention to detail and organisation skills, coupled with the ability to manage multiple tasks at once and is happy to work in a rapidly changing environment. You will be passionate about getting to know our people & organisation, and building relationships at all levels.
If you are highly motivated and looking to grow your career within a forward-thinking charity, and can provide evidence of continuous professional development relevant to recruitment and selection, then we would like to hear from you!
The Social Interest Group (SIG) is a leading UK based charity, providing bespoke person centred social and health care solutions. Utilising strength-based models of working, we specialise in rehabilitation and supporting people who have complex needs, empowering them to achieve their full potential. We deliver social and health care services through our subsidiary charities SIG Penrose, SIG Equinox and SIG Investments.
- Oversee the day to day recruitment activities for the organisation’s workforce including permanent and bank/relief vacancies, ensuring a seamless process from initial contact to offer of employment.
- Responsible for the coordination of shortlisting and interview set-up, including finalising the schedule, calling candidates, sending invites, and liaising with managers to ensure that all paperwork is sent prior to interview.
- Ensure all vacancies are advertised across various job boards and recruitment media channels, ensuring the best possible exposure for vacancies
- Support Hiring Managers to understand recruitment processes, policies, and intricacies of safer recruitment requirements
- Be the first point of contact for all candidate and recruitment related queries, managing the inbox effectively and ensuring a proactive and high touch service
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on relevant employment legislation and inform hiring managers about changes that may potentially impact recruitment and resourcing
- Promote best practice throughout the recruitment process and actively seek candidate feedback to improve the candidate experience
- To be a visible and approachable support service to both managers and employees
- Contribute to the development and successful delivery of ad-hoc recruitment and HR projects and initiatives
- CIPD Level 3 qualified or currently working towards this/or professional equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role within an in-house recruitment function
- Experience in managing a high volume of recruitment campaigns from planning to onboarding
- Strong recruitment/HR administration experience with sound knowledge of end to end recruitment processes
- Proficient in the use of HR systems and applicant tracking systems
- Excellent candidate management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to work comfortably with senior colleagues
- Outstanding organisational skills - demonstrating flexibility, with proven ability to juggle multiple tasks within a fast-paced environment
- Sound IT skills (Microsoft Office, Word, Outlook etc), experience of manipulating HR databases (desirable)
Benefits of working with us:
- Excellent core and on-going training aligned with personal development plan
- Access to employee assistance programme
- 25 days holiday increasing to 26 days after 2 years and increasing 1 day per year up to 30 days annual leave
- Medi-cash which includes the following:
- Discount gym membership
- Routine eye tests, glasses and contact lenses
- Dental treatment via NHS or Private
- Physiotherapy, Head Massage and a range of other therapies
- Life Assurance
For more information, please visit our careers page in order to complete our online application form.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check and provide employment references covering the last 5 years period including one from your most recent employer.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Each year, Young Enterprise helps thousands of young people develop the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to succeed. Through our nationwide enterprise and financial capability programmes, we give young people the opportunities and experiences to discover who they are and what they’re good at.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast moving, youth focused, charity and play a crucial role in supporting teachers and students to get the most out of our programmes. We are looking for a proactive, creative and organised individual to join Young Enterprise as Programme Support Coordinator on a permanent basis.
About the role
The Programme Support Coordinator will work closely with colleagues to within to ensure that our in school delivered programmes run smoothly. They will also provide first rate customer service to programme stakeholders.
This role will also provide ongoing support with the developments of our direct delivery programmes as informed by support requests and programme queries, as well as supporting the Programme Support Manager to ensure we are effectively communicating the aims and objectives of our programmes to external stakeholders through newsletters, social media and email campaigns.
This is a full time role which can be based in either our Oxford or London Office, or from home (UK only) with some travel required.
Who we are looking for
We are seeking an individual with a solution focussed attitude to problem solving and the ability to balance and prioritise competing demands in a busy function. A successful track record of providing high quality customer service is essential. An understanding of the pressures facing schools and teachers, plus experience working with web and digital content would be a distinct advantage as many of the programmes operate via websites and online platforms.
Reporting to the Programme Support Manager, this is a role that can grow with the capabilities and interests of the person in post, with opportunities to develop skills in digital developments, writing copy, and inputting into and managing social media and marketing campaigns. This role provides a real opportunity to help drive YE’s programme offer forward, and to ensure that young people across the country have access to vital skills and attributes for future life and work.
Why work for us?
- People-focussed with a friendly and supportive work-place culture
- An active commitment to equality and diversity
- Generous holiday allowance of 7.2 weeks
- Access to NHS top-up scheme, for money back on expenses such as dental and optical
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Group Life Assurance
Full details can be found in the attached Job Description. If this role appeals to you - we would like to hear from you!
To apply, please submit your CV and covering letter (up to two sides of A4) outlining your suitability for the role based on the Job Description and Person Specification by no later than 5pm Wednesday 2nd February. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
We will be assessing applications on a rolling basis and may shortlist and invite candidates to interview before the closing date.
Interviews will take place via Teams.
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation, serving humanity for over 37 years. With an active presence in over 40 countries across the globe, we strive to make the world a better and fairer place for those affected by poverty, conflicts and natural disasters.
IRW is recruiting for the position of 'Head of Media & External Relations’ to join its dynamic team. The role has the option to be stationed from our London or Birmingham office, we are currently working from home on a temporary basis due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- Lead on impactful media work that supports the wider divisional and organisational strategies and priorities, whilst strengthening IRW’s global external relations function in collaboration with key stakeholders and leading partner offices in Europe, North America, Middle East, and the ERA divisional advocacy team
- Supporting key global media and advocacy campaigns on priority issues like gender justice, climate change and humanitarian emergency response
- Develop and deliver the media and external relations strategies and annual global calendar that realises the full potential of media, social media, events and other external engagement initiatives that help to build the Islamic Relief brand, reach new audiences, communicate key messages, and increase donor and campaigner engagement
- Writing and then overseeing the implementation of all relevant policies (such as the social media policy) across the IRW family
- Working closely with the External Relations and Advocacy Director, as well as the General Counsel and the Senior Communications Advisor, to protect and build Islamic Relief’s profile and reputation internationally
The successful candidate must have or be:
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject/discipline such as journalism or political science
- Significant experience of leading and managing media relations and social media engagement for a high-profile organisation – including crisis management
- Substantial experience of staff management, coordination and performance management
- Experience of developing and managing communications strategies and coordinating budgets
- Extensive knowledge of international media and of media needs and trends and skilled in securing media coverage and in responding effectively to diverse media enquiries
- Literate in the workings of social media and proficient in the use of social media/digital platforms
- Able to write engagingly and persuasively for a variety of external audiences
- Able to assimilate complex information swiftly and communicate it accurately and with clarity
- Good understanding of international advocacy, especially at a UN level, government affairs and political sensitivities
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the charity and international NGO/humanitarian sectors – including current trends, challenges, opportunities and networks
- Significant experience of external engagement through summits, conferences and other events
- Understanding of multimedia landscape and ability to commission, produce and distribute video, audio and other visual content to drive strategic objectives
- Significant experience of supporting the development and media rollout of advocacy campaigns
- Experience of developing media/communications training modules and delivering training
For more information, please click on the Documents tab above to view the full Job Description.
If you are talented, reliable, service-minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional looking for a meaningful career, with a strong commitment to IRW’s mission and values of sincerity, excellence, compassion, social justice and custodianship, please apply by completing our online application form.
For more information on the excellent company benefits we offer our employees, please visit our website.
PLEASE NOTE: Interviews are expected to take place on 10/02/2022.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- screening clearance
- proof of eligibility to live and work within the UK
- criminal records check
- receipt of satisfactory references
Please note, for UK-based roles, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK. We are unable to progress applications that would require sponsorship.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records checks. IRW also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.
In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Applicants should be sympathetic to the values of Islamic Relief:
(Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice and Custodianship)
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
This job is 2.5 days per week - flexible hours on offer.
This newly created Systems & Production Office post is a much-needed role within the Heart of the City team. Heart of the City is a responsible business charity which works with small and medium sized enterprises to help them to develop responsible and sustainable business programmes. The charity’s Co-Presidents are the Lord Mayor of the City of London and the Governor of the Bank of England.
The role will involve a mix of remote / home based working combined with the requirement to occasionally work in our central London office which is located between Bank and Moorgate.
This role is responsible for the pro-active use, maintenance and improvement of the databases, systems and online platforms used by the Heart of the City team in managing our membership data, delivering external training programmes, supporting internal processes and the organisation of our digital events schedule.
This role requires a highly motivated individual, someone who can work autonomously, is pro-active and intuitive, a strong collaborator and a team player who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and is happy to be called upon to support wider team activities as required.
Responsibilities include implementing system enhancements to support our data processes and online learning and virtual events delivery, supporting users to extract maximum value across all system functionality and maintaining data quality across systems.
The post holder will ensure that Heart of the City: adopts best practice digital engagement with all users and stakeholders; makes technology work for our goals and deliverables; delivers digital products and services to an excellent standard; and continually identifies where improvements can be implemented.
Strong technical experience of Salesforce is required including architecture / build / management / improvement / customisation. Strong working knowledge of online learning platforms (Heart of the City uses Thinkific); experience of integrated tools and platforms such as Automate.io; good experience of using online events platforms such as Zoom and Teams and strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite are also required. Any experience of the following platforms and systems would also be welcome: MailChimp; Typeform; Lumen5; Eventbrite; Adobe Spark; Canva.
With a focus on responsible and sustainable business and climate action, roles in the Heart of the City team are a super opportunity for anyone with an interest in environment, responsible business, sustainability and CSR.
We’re looking forward to hearing from candidates who would like to join our friendly and dynamic team and who can help us to provide quality support to small and medium sized businesses across London and the UK.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
About the Role
The Recruitment Coordinator is an exciting role at SDDirect which will lead recruitment for internal and international project-based roles. You will make a significant contribution to supporting the continued growth of the organisation through resourcing and contracting of consultants across our core thematic areas of gender equality and social inclusion. The ideal candidate will be someone who has experience working in a fast-paced recruitment environment and collaborating across different teams to deliver excellence.
Summary of role
Reports to: Talent Specialist
Location: This is a UK based role. You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Our London Head Office works on a hybrid basis – we are open to flexible working.
Appointment term: Permanent role
Remuneration Package: Circa £35,000
· Closing: January 30, 2022
· Location: London, Stratford
· Salary: Grade 5 (£30,078 - £33,474) pro rata
· Contract type: Fixed Term Until March 2023, Part Time (28 hours a week)
As an independent human rights charity, the Refugee Council has always had a twin focus of both delivering direct support to asylum seekers and refugees and undertaking advocacy work to improve policy and practice.
A coalition of over 50 organisations have been campaigning together under the Families Together name to achieve changes to the unfair Government rules around refugee family reunion, which deny the rights of some refugees to be reunited with their families. The core organisations in the coalition are the Refugee Council, UNHCR UK, the British Red Cross, Oxfam GB, and Amnesty International UK.
The strategic direction of the Families Together coalition is set by a steering group comprised of staff from the partner organisations, supported by thematic sub groups comprised of specialists in communications, campaigning, and advocacy.
Context and Purpose of the Job
The Families Together Coordinator will lead the campaigning and co-ordination functions of the Families Together Coalition. Working closely with the steering group, as well as the leads of the media, campaigning, government relations and activism sub groups, the Co-ordinator will help develop activities and actions, ensuring buy in and support from all partners, while providing a critical support function to the coalition, ensuring they are coordinated, organised, briefed and working together to achieve shared aims and objectives. The Co-ordinator will be the central point of contact for all coalition partners and for other organisations and individuals who want to find out more about the campaign and how they can become involved.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Support and facilitate the development and implementation of selected campaign strategies and plans as directed by the Head of Advocacy, the coalition Steering Group and working groups (parliamentary, communications and campaigns), including developing and rolling out joint materials, statements and campaign actions.
- With the Steering group co-chairs and sub group leads, undertake horizon scanning and identify and share opportunities and threats to the campaign.
- Undertake media and parliamentary coverage of refugee family reunion, providing round ups and briefings to the sub groups.
External Relationships and Coalition Support
- Arrange the logistics, develop the agendas and circulate minutes and actions of all coalition group meetings, dissemination that information including to sub-groups.
- Ensure that information is shared and flowing between the Co-Chairs and the rest of the coalition and sub-groups.
- Work with the Head of Advocacy and the coalition on the sequencing and resourcing of actions, projects, and campaigns, based on current priorities.
In order to deliver services effectively, a degree of flexibility is needed and the post-holder may be required to perform work not specifically referred to above. Such duties will however, fall within the scope of the job, at the appropriate grade. The job description will be subject to periodic review with the post-holder to ensure it accurately reflects the duties of the job.
Equal Opportunities Statement
As part of its recruitment policy, the Refugee Council intends to ensure that no prospective or actual employee is discriminated against on the basis of race, sex, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation, employment status, class, disability, age, religious belief or political persuasion, or is disadvantaged by any condition or requirement which is not demonstrably justifiable.
To apply for this job, please download the application form from our website via the Apply button and send via email. Our online application form is currently unavailable so please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.
We are recruiting for a London Network Coordinator, engaging with our volunteer community in London and helping run a very new and exciting project.
The focus of this role is networking and communication: engaging with our London network of party hosts and volunteers to build and strengthen events, and creating partnerships with repair businesses to boost the repair economy and build a shared platform for change.
In 2022, with funding made possible thanks to National Lottery players, we are creating two Fixing Factories with partners on a Camden High Street and inside a waste facility in Brent. These spaces will provide opportunities for people to get broken electrical devices fixed, for repurposing computers for local school children, as well as holding repair workshops and engaging with people on how repair impacts the climate crisis. This role will be responsible for coordinating this work.
London Network Support
- Manage the calendar of Restart events in London to maximise accessibility of our events
- Support London Restart Party hosts to use our online tools, collect and share data about impact, access equipment and recruit volunteers
- Serve as online community manager and digital communications lead for our London network
- Build and maintain a relationship with Restart Party hosts and other members of the network
- Working with volunteer coordinators to plan and deliver volunteer welcome sessions and schedule skillshares
- Build a strong working relationship with the volunteer coordinators
- Encouraging best practices by leading on work to promote diversity, assess and reduce risk
- Establishing new connections with London community organisations
- Liaising with partners in the London area including workshops, small businesses, cultural and educational institutions, waste authorities and local authorities
- Setting up regular meetings with stakeholders and partners, listening and acting on recommendations
- Work with Mer-IT on referring young people for training opportunities
- Facilitating learning and development of more permanent model for Fixing Factories
Camden High Street
- Liaising with our partners Possible at our Camden site to deliver a project focusing on small household appliances and electronics
- Building strong relationships with repair businesses in Camden to get involved on site
- Help coordinate repair workshops, 1-2-1 learning sessions and special workshops for school trips
West London – Brent Recycling Centre
- Liaising with our partners and the local Waste Authority to deliver a site to repurpose computers for local people in need, along with partner Ready Tech Go
- Supporting fixers to engage with members of the public visiting the recycling centre dropping waste
- Organising public events demonstrating how laptops can have second lives
- Content production for the web, social media, email, and print, about the London community including drafting copy, sourcing and editing images
- Content creation for social media at London based events and at Fixing Factories
- Assistance coordinating media requests and appearances at Restart Parties and Fixing Factories in London
- Managing the on-call media rota of London volunteers for media appearances
Skills & Experience
- Ability to engage & communicate with people effectively, both one-on-one and in groups
- Ability to articulate and embody community values including radical openness
- Understanding of open ways of working and fostering diversity in practice
- Experience in service delivery and interfacing with the public
- Experience with volunteer engagement and management
- Highly organised with experience of managing calendars
- Good communication and support, both in writing and in person
- Copywriting for digital and offline resources
- Experience in creating content for web and social media channels
- Experience using mailing lists, Twitter, Instagram, online collaboration tools
- Passion for saving the planet, electronic waste, gadgets and/or making
- Event Management
- Experience in a “front of house” type role, either in the community or a business
- Working knowledge of participatory design methods
- Managing grants or contracts
- Experience working with the media and managing requests
- Experience using tools like Trello, Wiki, Slack, project organisation tools
- Documentation of practices and learning
- Experience working in an innovative, mission-driven organisation
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
We’re working with a membership body who are looking for a Community Coordinator to join their team. You’ll support the member experience whilst driving engagement and growth. You’ll identify and provide training, guidance and support to internal and external stakeholders, enduring activity and engagement through planned content. You’ll also repurpose content for use on a range of social media platforms, providing statistic-based reporting.
You’ll create, recommend and execute community engagement programmes, actioning these plans across the member community platform. You’ll act as a champion for the online member community, whilst also encourage the community to engage and see the benefit of connecting on the platform. Additionally, you’ll work alongside the marketing team to create compelling content for the member community across a range of channels.
You will need:
- Ability to investigate, evaluate and analyse information to produce actionable insight
- Excellent content creation skills, including social media platforms
- Excellent reporting skills
- Ideally membership body experience
If you would like to have an informal discussion, please call Chloe on 02030 062787 or email [email protected].
Ashby Jenkins Recruitment are a specialist charity recruitment agency, we use our extensive sector knowledge and experience to match candidates to the most suitable roles. We take a relationship-led approach to recruitment, working ethically, supporting people to find their perfect role within the not-for-profit sector.
We are passionate about improving equality across the sector, you can read more about our commitment to diversity here.
If enough applications are received the charity reserve the right to end the application period sooner
Job title: Campaign Co-ordinator - Acquisition
Directorate: Individual Giving, Fundraising
Contract: Permanent, Full Time, 35 hours per week
Salary range: £23,800 - £25,000 per annum, plus £4,452 London Weighting if applicable
About The Royal British Legion
Careers in Fundraising
Across the country, in every city and on every street, the Legion is there to support our Armed Forces community. As the largest charity of our kind, we have 235,000 members, 60,000 volunteers and a network of partners all helping us give support wherever and whenever it's needed.
With over 200 employees, our Fundraising teams form an important part of this pack. Their passion and collaboration bring in millions of pounds every year. Money that goes on to improve and change the lives of this community.
It's this mission, this scale, this challenge and the values we all live by, that makes the Legion such a fulfilling place to thrive.
As a directorate we commit to ensuring our supporters feel valued, and driven to deliver fundraising that is effective, agile and sector leading. We do this by putting supporters at the heart of everything we do, and by embedding a learning culture in our teams where process improvement and innovation are embraced and celebrated.
So, if you want to give your days meaning. To put your passion into a role with real impact. To support people and be supported yourself. In an inclusive team that faces every challenge together. Whatever your interests and ambitions, we think you’ll find a role here that works for you, with career opportunities right across the UK.
The Royal British Legion is looking for a Campaign Co-ordinator to join its Individual Giving Fundraising team.
Positioned within the Support Acquisition team and reporting into one of our Campaign Managers, the Campaign Co-ordinator will support the Campaign Manager with developing and delivering new supporter acquisition marketing programmes predominantly our face-to-face fundraising (from private sites) and DRTV advertising.
This role will require you to produce materials for the face-to-face fundraising stands and for new supporters, assist with managing the fundraising suppliers and providing training to the fundraisers representing RBL. For the DRTV campaigns, to help produce new ad creative and manage media buying.
It will require you to work collaboratively with stakeholders across the organisation, report on results against targets, identify programme improvements and contribute new ideas.
The successful candidate will have experience of managing marketing campaigns and the services of various suppliers and working with significant income and expenditure budgets. You will need to be organised and responsive with excellent written/verbal communications skills and attention to detail.
Please note this role is based at our head office which is located at Haig House, 199 Borough High Street, London SE1 1AA.
As an inclusive employer, we welcome conversations on flexible working and any reasonable adjustments that may be required.
We believe that the compassion, understanding and service we show each, and every individual customer should be reflected in the way we all support, respect and include every individual who works with us.
It’s because of this that we have strived hard to create a One Legion culture that we can all feel part of and succeed in. It’s why we make sure that you have the opportunities you need to learn and develop. It’s why we’re invested in making RBL a truly inclusive place to work, where everyone can be themselves. It’s why you’re welcome, whoever you might be.
It’s why we welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
How to Apply
Please click ‘Apply Online’.
Closing date for this role is: Friday 28th January 2022
Events & Marketing Coordinator
Job description and person specification
Please note: to apply to this role you will need to complete BDSIP’s application form which can be found at the bottom of this page. As we practice safer recruitment procedures, we are not able to accept CVs for this post.
Salary: £23,000 – £30,000 - dependent on skills and experience
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
Start date: Immediate/ASAP - Please state the length if your notice period within your application.
Location: Our offices are based in Dagenham, London. Expect a mixture of working from our office in Dagenham, working from home, and travelling around the borough to support delivery of events when required. Access to a car is not required for this role.
To apply for this position, please email your completed BDSIP application form.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join BDSIP, a dynamic and growing social enterprise, in the new role of Events and Marketing Coordinator. You’ll be coordinating and promoting both online and face-to-face training courses, conferences, professional networks and other events for a well-established client base of teachers and young people. You’ll be working with a team of experienced educational professionals across BDSIP’s central service areas, which include school improvement, inclusion, careers and work experience.
You’ll be an essential part of the Education Core Team, a team of five, who together support BDSIP’s internal and external needs. The role is extremely varied and engaging, with no two days the same. You’ll support the wider team and liaise with an array of stakeholders from teaching assistants and headteachers, to keynote speakers and web developers.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about education, with experience in administration. Experience in events, marketing and/or content creation is desirable. You’ll be self-motivated and willing to work flexibly and confidently across multiple projects simultaneously, to meet the needs of our customers. You’ll have the ability to work independently towards team goals, have strong written and verbal communication skills and be well organised. You'll be excited by the opportunity to bring ideas and enthusiasm to shape a new role in this business.
This role offers excellent scope for personal development and growth, as well as the opportunity to drive forward BDSIP's mission to deliver consistently excellent services to schools and the best possible outcomes for young people in Barking and Dagenham.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Using Microsoft Office and cloud-based design programs to ensure all course and publicity materials are produced to the highest standards and in accordance with BDSIP’s brand, reflecting and reinforcing our ambition to be the training provider of choice across the borough and beyond.
- Meeting and supporting senior business leaders and a team of experienced educational professionals to aid delivery of training, including booking venues, speakers and promotion.
- Maintaining and developing the existing network of high-quality delivery venues, managing the relationship with each venue to ensure BDSIP receives the best experience and value.
- Overseeing all aspects of client liaison via telephone, email correspondence and BDSIP’s website. This includes liaising with speakers, sponsors and delegates, ensuring clients have a premium event experience through seamless customer service.
- Ensuring up-to-date course and event information is available on BDSIP’s website and managing course bookings – both online and through telephone enquiries, etc.
- Attending key events to manage event delivery, including all aspects of audio-visual.
- Managing event evaluation to ensure that customer feedback drives event content and management. Reviewing feedback to improve BDSIP’s training where possible.
- Assisting the wider team with planning and executing marketing strategies through online channels: creating content and writing copy where required and use management information to identify target clients. Using website and social media to strengthen online presence and BDSIP’s brand.
- Assisting the Education Core Team by sharing joint administration duties including answering general enquiries via telephone and email, supporting basic finance administration, and supporting office management duties.
What we are looking for:
- Proven administration experience - Excellent administrative, organisational and time-management skills with the ability to prioritise and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience of working in events and/or marketing is preferable – to be able to show an understanding of what’s involved in planning, promoting, and delivering an event.
- Excellent verbal communication to build strong relationships with clients, partners and BDSIP senior staff, including event tutors.
- Strong written skills and ability to present and develop key ideas.
- An eye for design and detail. The ability to develop high-quality materials using MS Office, Publisher and relevant specialist software to display creative skills.
- Strong IT skills - Knowledge of a range of digital marketing channels and methods, the ability to use social media and/or content management systems to manage BDSIP’s online presence.
- Ability to work effectively both as part of a team, and independently with the minimum of supervision.
- Self-confident with developed interpersonal skills. Able to negotiate with internal and external School stakeholders, including senior staff in BDSIP and its partners.
- Confidence to bring ideas and/or solutions where necessary to improve BDSIP’s processes and practices.
- A passion for improving outcomes for children and awareness of the education sector. Experience working within an in educational organisation would be advantageous but is not necessary.
Barking and Dagenham is a wonderfully diverse borough. We want our people to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. Accordingly, we welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, particularly those currently underrepresented in our workforce.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
A4ID is a global charity with a vision to see the law and lawyers play their full part in the global eradication of poverty. The mission of A4ID is to be an authoritative voice of the legal community, to inspire and enable lawyers to join the fight against poverty, and to ensure that legal support is available for those engaged in that fight.
A4ID is currently working hard to make its vision and mission a reality through its innovative pro bono broker service and bespoke pro bono projects; its respected education and training programmes, its acclaimed thought leadership and policy work; its Rule of Law Expertise UK Programme; and its international project work.
The overall goal of A4ID’s ROLE UK Programme, recognising the intrinsic link between improved rule of law and poverty reduction, is to contribute towards poverty reduction, accountability and human rights through supporting rule of law interventions including, but not limited to, improving policies, laws, institutional capacities, procedures and practices within legal and judicial systems in developing countries.
The Programme contributes to specific rule of law and poverty reduction goals with a focus on building long-term and strategic peer-to-peer partnerships between UK legal sector stakeholders and rule of law actors in developing countries.
In addition, by acting as a knowledge hub for the sector and the wider community of practice, the ROLE UK Programme will continue to generate and share knowledge and lessons learned on what works in the rule of law development space and to deliver trainings to improve rule of law technical assistance in international development.
Finally, to help increase collaboration toward strategic and sustainable rule of law outcomes, the Programme will facilitate coordination opportunities between the UK legal sector, international development stakeholders and practitioners, and stakeholders in partner countries, through networks, forums and bespoke opportunities for peer-to-peer learning
The ROLE UK Programme Coordinator will work closely with the rest of the Programme team, particularly the ROLE UK Lead, and will lead on coordination events for the Programme, as well as offering coordination, logistics and analytical support across the Programme’s strands. The position will provide insight into the functionality of an international development programme, and be an opportunity to build project management and analytical skills and experience in rule of law context.
Interested candidates are requested to send a CV and Cover Letter to our HR department. Details available via the Apply button.
A4ID will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, and encourages all applicants to submit applications as soon as possible. Interviews will take place via Microsoft Teams on a rolling basis.
If you have any queries about the role or applying, please contact us.
We are looking for a Digital Coordinator to provide essential administrative support to Battersea’s Digital Products team, assisting with the development of the new Battersea website and its ongoing continuous improvement, with the aim of enhancing user experience, furthering charitable impact and maximising online income.
Battersea is here for every dog and cat and has been since 1860. We are a leading animal welfare charity and over the last 160 years we’ve grown from one home in London to three rescuing and rehoming centres across the South East. With c500 staff and 1000 volunteers, we have cared for over three million vulnerable animals We also campaign tirelessly to make things better for dogs and cats; sharing our expertise and educating the public and policymakers about responsible pet ownership. Join us and make a difference for every dog and cat.
Our Marketing and Communications Team
Battersea’s Marketing & Communications department is responsible for communicating the breadth of the organisation’s work in an engaging and memorable way. Though our award-winning campaigns, we use our influence to affect change for dogs and cats within and beyond our gates; building Battersea’s reputation on a national and international scale. Our work involves everything from innovative integrated advertising campaigns to rehome our animals, to supporting other departments with their strategic objectives. We also manage Battersea’s online communities, offer brand guidance, deliver innovative digital activity, and manage internal communications, ensuring that staff and volunteers stay informed and engaged. The department’s ultimate goal is to raise awareness of Battersea’s work, so we can be here for more dogs and cats.
Within the Marketing & Commercial department sits the Digital team. Responsible for Battersea’s digital output, our goal is to drive innovation and impact online. We manage Battersea’s website, and lead its digital products, campaigns and advertising – all to increase awareness of Battersea’s work and engage people with the need to support our dogs and cats.
What we can offer you
Our dedicated people mean that we can be here for every dog and cat. Whether you are sharing an office with our dogs or directly caring for our cats, our animals show their appreciation every day. There is no better reward than seeing the difference you make to the lives of our dogs and cats first-hand; although we also provide a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- 28 days of annual leave (plus 8 days paid public holidays) per year
- Generous pension contributions – up to 10% employer contribution
- Free healthcare cash plan, where you can claim for a range of treatment including dental (£100), optical (£100), physiotherapy, chiropody and acupuncture (£325) every year
- Annual interest-free season ticket loans
- Discounted gym memberships and cycle to work schemes
- Life insurance
During the recent Coronavirus restrictions, our animal-facing staff have continued to work on site and our office based staff have been working from home. We are currently piloting a hybrid working model for our office-based staff to split their time between site based and home working. We believe this will support office-based staff to maintain the benefits of home working, while allowing for collaboration and interaction with our animal-facing staff and maintaining a connection to our cause.
As this role is office-based, you’ll be expected to work in our Battersea office for 3 days each week and you’ll be able to work up to 2 days each week from home.
So, if you are passionate about dogs, cats and about our work, then we’d like to hear from you.
We are committed to providing equality of opportunity and valuing diversity for all current and prospective staff, volunteers and Trustees. We aim to ensure that this commitment, reinforced by our values, is embedded in our day-to-day working practices and our work together. We would particularly welcome applications from black and minority ethnic and disabled candidates, who are currently under-represented at Battersea.
Closing date: Sunday 30 January 2022
Interview date(s): w/c 7 February 2022
For full details, please download our recruitment pack. To apply, click the button below. All applications must be submitted before the closing date advertised; we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a high volume of applications is received.
About the role
As Communications Assistant, you will support the Development team across all their communications and administrative needs, so that the organisation can deliver on its 2020-2024 Strategy objectives. Your main job responsibilities will be centered on organising and managing the admin that supports our work, including managing our social media, providing statistics for weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting, updating our website with press releases, blog posts and new legal resources, and attending events.
You will be an enthusiastic team player as a lot of your tasks will involve and require input from other team members, including the Fundraising and Communications Officer, from scheduling meetings to the coordination of the production of case studies, writing social media content and press releases.
Managing Social Media
- Create and upload social media content to various platforms such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Oversee the growth of our Instagram page
- Create and/or support the creation of infographics and video content
- Engage with the work of other freedom of expression organisations over social media to cement our position as an expert voice in the sector
- Regularly collect and assess data and analytics across a variety of digital platforms
- Based on your analysis of that data, make recommendations for expanding or improving both public image and online presence
- Update our CRM system (Odoo) and mailing lists when relevant
- Produce and/or coordinate the production of clear, concise and professional press releases, articles, blog posts and email campaigns
- Coordinate the production of case studies
Managing and Maintaining Website
- Regularly update our website, add blog posts and ensure all pages are fully up to date, including relevant tags
- Work closely with the Legal team so that the Legal Resources page has new content on a regular basis
- Support the Training Manager with the dissemination of all Project communication materials
- Coordinate and assist with the production of newsletters, blog posts and podcasts
- Assist with the development, design and publication of our publications (i.e. Annual Report, Journalists Impact Survey, etc.)
- Assist the team with presentations, proof-reading, editing videos and making sure external materials are in keeping with our brand guidelines
- Support our image bank, to ensure it has the best available images for communications purposes
- Identify and carry out any other duties which fall within the scope, spirit and purpose of the post as requested
Person Specification Essential
- Educated to atleast degree level
- Excellent written and spoken English, good editorial skills and the ability to communicate with diverse communities
- Competent IT user including Microsoft Office Packages, internet and email
- Experience with databases/CRM systems
- Ability to use CMS and Google Analytics
- Calm, cool and collected
- Excellent eye for detail • Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent team player with the ability to work creatively and flexibly in a small team, supporting other colleagues, and with a strong commitment to learning and improvement
- Proven ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Proven experience of working with, and relating to, a diverse range of people and a pleasant, diplomatic manner and disposition in interacting with colleagues at all levels, as well as with Media Defence partners
- Passion and commitment to the mission and vision of Media Defence
- Right to work in the UK
- Experience of, and an interest in, working for a ‘not for profit’ and in a human rights environment would be an advantage
Equality and diversity are fundamental to our mission. We are committed to the recruitment and retention of individuals from diverse backgrounds and who reflect the diverse communities in which we operate.
Closing date: 31 January 2022. Interviews will take place w/c 7 and 14 February 2022
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
We have a new and exciting role in our Psychotherapy Services and we are seeking a highly organised individual, for the position.
Single Homeless Project provides two Psychotherapy Services:
- The East London Counselling Service – a brief therapy provision for people living and working in the London Borough of Waltham Forest and surrounding boroughs.
- Our In-House Therapy Service – a medium to longer-term provision offer for people using its services. We accommodate different therapy disciplines within the services including Humanistic, Integrative and Psychodynamic. The provision is predominantly 1-2-1 talking therapies but includes art and movement 1-2-1 work and art-therapy based group work.
We are a London-wide charity. Our vision is of a society where everyone has a place to call home and the chance to live a fulfilling life. We help single Londoners by preventing homelessness, providing support and accommodation, promoting wellbeing, enhancing opportunity, and being a voice for change. From supporting people in crisis to helping people take the final steps towards independence and employment, we make a difference to 10,000 lives every year across all 32 boroughs.
As the Service Assessor & Co-ordinator, you will be involved in a range of tasks to facilitate the effective processing of new referrals and smooth administrative running of the two therapy provisions. Under the direction of the Psychotherapy Service Manager, you will be the first point of enquiry and contact, responding to online referrals, calls and emails. You will also provide initial clinical assessment and allocation to honorary therapists for both services and provide some daytime reception cover, for face-to-face appointments at the ELCS based in Leyton.
To be successful, you will have the following:
- A formal qualification and the appropriate accredited hours in counselling and / or psychotherapy and be UKCP or BACP registered
- Demonstrable competencies in conducting clinical assessments for the purpose of counselling and psychotherapy service inclusion and allocation.
- Demonstrable experience of providing counselling working within a recognised modality.
- A proven ability to be respectful of confidentiality and an understanding of professional boundaries
- Experience of developing and maintaining positive partnership relationships with a range of internal and external providers and services.
- Excellent attention to detail with strong organisational skills that can be applied to your own work and that of others
Closing Date: 31st January 2022 (at Midnight)
Interviews to be held on: 9th February 2022
This post will require an Enhanced DBS check to be processed for the successful applicant.
Our attractive benefits package includes:
- A salary increase after successfully completing six months.
- A 37.5 hour working week including flexible working hours (core hours are 10am – 4pm) in non-accommodation services
- 25 days annual leave, increasing annually to the maximum 30 days (plus paid Bank Holidays),
- A contributory pension scheme: Single Homeless Project will contribute the equivalent of 5% of your annual salary
- Staff Health Cash Plan and discounts scheme
- Comprehensive and integrated training programme designed specifically to develop the skills and knowledge involved in our work
Single Homeless Project is actively committed to equal opportunities and the promotion of diversity and inclusion, in all of our services and workplaces. We are also Disability Confident Committed and are IIP Silver accredited.