Bleakholt - 'Caring for those who have no-one'
Reg. Charity No. 1110503
Bleakholt is a long established charity that provides care and shelter for stray, neglected and unwanted animals including cats, dogs, rabbits and other small animals, horses, ponies, donkeys and goats. Each year, several hundred cats, dogs and small animals are successfully re-homed.
The Sanctuary is well known in the local community and surrounding area and has been growing since 1956.
Our philosophy is that every animal deserves the chance of a good life in a happy home and we do not put animals to sleep for any reason other than the welfare of the animal on veterinary advice, or the welfare and safety of our dedicated staff. Those animals who cannot be rehomed, such as the equine and farm animals, stay in our care for life in a loving and caring environment.
- The provision of care and shelter for stray, neglected and unwanted animals of all kinds, and the protection of animals from ill usage, cruelty and suffering.
- To provide medical treatment, and endeavour to find suitable homes for such animals
- To advance the education of the public in matters pertaining to animal welfare in general
- To advance the education and training of young persons or particular students who are working or hope to find employment in the fields of horticulture and animal care, recreation and related leisure industries by providing vocational training.
- Vision – “For every animal that comes into our care to have the best life possible and the opportunity to be re-homed in a safe, loving environment”.
- Mission – “To ensure that Bleakholt is always there for vulnerable animals and animal lovers, by attracting sustainable funding that enables investment in facilities, people and expertise”.