Age Concern Birmingham is a charity that is dedicated to providing a high quality service and has at its heart key values that it operates by. We have highlighted our mission statement and core values.
Our Mission Statement
To excel in all our endeavours to meet the needs of older people and others in need
Our Values Statement
- Commit to safeguarding all vulnerable adults and children and promote their welfare and well being.
- Respect the dignity and individuality of all clients, service users, staff members and volunteers and value their knowledge, skills and experience.
- Provide and promote equality of opportunity in all aspects of our service and services, care and personal development. Diversity will be respected and welcomed, discrimination based on prejudice will not be accepted.
- Share in providing and maintaining a working environment, which is healthy, safe and secure.
- Commit to enhancing the environment and minimise any negative impact upon it.
- Involve and engage with our clients and staff in decisions that affect their lives or work by appropriate consultation. Our underlying principles will be those of empowerment and enablement to all older people, our staff and to others with whom we come into contact.
- Manage our resources with a shared responsibility to be prudent in the use of time and money and the resources contributed by our trustees, staff and volunteers.
- Encourage a climate of open debate and discussion but will uphold the principle of confidentiality for all clients, volunteers and staff.
- Encourage the sharing of good practice and the development of knowledge, skills and potential and will respect professional standards.
- Each have a personal responsibility to be sensitive to the consequences of our actions on other people. Intimidation, verbal or physical abuse will never be accepted.
- Deliver high quality services to meet identified needs and work together in teams and partnerships with other organisations when this will add value to the work we do.
- Celebrate our successes and learn from our mistakes. We have a shared responsibility to continue to learn and improve as individuals and as an organisation.
- Creating development opportunities that respond positively to life changes and people’s needs.