Led by Patrons Ed Sheeran and Dermot O` Leary the charity is based in Camden with satellite offices throughout London and serves the Irish and local London communities.
In 1955 the London Irish Centre (LIC) opened its doors to meet the needs of newly arrived Irish emigrants. Initially providing accommodation and welfare the London Irish Centre (LIC) quickly became an important social and cultural venue. Today it is an important resource for the Irish and local communities in London providing extensive Care, Culture and Community. The LIC employs 24 staff and will have a turnover this year of c. £1.5m. The charity has a diverse funding mix of grants, rental income, trading and donations. The LIC is an important community and employment hub with over 60 people employed and a key community asset for Camden and the adjoining boroughs.
• To relieve and combat poverty, distress financial hardship, and sickness
• To relieve those in need by reason of youth, age, ill health, disability, unemployment or other disadvantage
• To promote Irish art, culture and heritage for the public benefit
• To advance education for the public benefit in Irish culture and language
The LIC`s Charitable Mission and Vision
• Charitable Mission - To support the Irish in London through outstanding Care, Culture and Community services
• Charitable Vision - We are the Heart of the Irish in London